01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision NVR and cameras for my 3 bedroom house, is this a good setup?

Hhliam

Hi, Looking to purchase Hikvision NVR DS-7604 NXI-KI / 4P 2 TB Hard drive, with 3 DS- 2CD2386G2-ISU-SL 4mm, 8 MP and 1 DS-2D2386 G2-ISU/SL 2.8mm 8MP for my 3 bedroom house, is this a good setup? Thanks. Around £800. Apparently Dark fighter cameras.

Hi @Hhliam

First of all, it is not recommend to use 4 x 8MP AcuSense cameras with a 4-ch NVR because these 4-ch NVR models do not support enough incoming bandwidth for 4 x 8MP cameras.

For 4 x 8MP cameras, we would usually recommend an 8-ch NVR like the DS-7608NI-M2/8P as this will support more than enough bandwidth for you to run these 4 cameras at max. settings.

The best price we could offer would be around £1,200 incl. VAT, you might be able to get better prices for some of these items but you will need to do some searching around and speak to other sellers.

(FYI - be aware that this forum is for support and not selling/buying, any posts linking to other Hikvision sellers will be deleted - see point 14 of our Forum Rules & Guidelines)

Thanks for the advice, I had already ordered the cameras and NVR, after a phone call today I asked them to replace the 4 channel with the model you mentioned. They have done this for me.

Regards Mark

Reactions: Dan
Back