01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

hikvision plugins empty?

webdude

Dear Forum Community,

I am writing to seek support and advice regarding an issue I am facing with my Hikvision cameras. Specifically, I am unable to list or access any plugins for my Hikvision camera, and I would greatly appreciate any insights or assistance to help resolve this problem.

I'm using NX Witness Pro as a VMS.

plugins.png

Hi @webdude

We don't have much experience with NX Witness, but looking at their website we found this article about the v4.2 software update which introduced greater analytics support for some 3rd-party camera brands.

The table there seems to suggest that although support for Hikvision cameras has improved it is still not possible to "Control/Configure Analytics in Nx Desktop", which may explain why you are not seeing any information in the Hikvision plug-in.

Also, if you are not already, it might be worth making sure you are running the latest version of the NX Witness VMS - v5.1

Hi @Dan

Thank you for your support, it is clear to me now that we can't control it directly from the NX desktop client. however, it is showing that only through ISAPI 2.6. please can you elaborate more about what is ISAPI and what the settings on hikvision camera should be enabled in order to send the analytic event to the NX server? is it VCA?

Thank you for support

Back