01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision Speed Dome 4mp 32x [DS-2DE7A4321W-AEB T5] scan / patrol setup?

Icespisteve

Evening all, recently completed installing my cctv system with a Speed Dome PTZ being the final item at the very bottom of my garden. All up and running (Basically) a couple of presets done but would like an early evening scan to continue through the night.
I set a schedule time earlier today and waited with anticipation for the start time to arrive. OMG what have I done wrong...managed to stop it now but it was spinning around 360’ like a dying Dalek.

The many different menu screens are a bit daunting right now so, is there an easy set up to say cover 180’ and return for about 10hrs. If I’ve missed a tutorial then I apologise in advance but would be grateful a nudge in the right direction is forthcoming.
I’ll master it one day but just need a little security instantly.

Morning Dan, can I reply to you later? I’m just a little busy right now. I’ll try and post the info today or tomorrow at the latest.
Best regards
Steve

Reactions: Dan
Upvote 0
Hi Dan,
OK, hopefully these are the details you need.
NVR - DS-7608NI-M2/8P Version: V5.03.000 build 240248

Speed Dome - DS-2DE7A4321W-AEB T5Version: V5.8.0 build 231109

For now Dan I would like the camera to Scan/Patrol the bottom of the garden. No traffic would be present so human/animal only.
Its mounted on a lamppost on the left hand side approx 50 foot from the rear perimeter. I would imagine a 180' continuous scan would suffice and if event recognised would the camera automatically zoom in or at least track for a preset period?
To save you time and if available an existing tutorial would be fine, although please expect a call if I get stuck.

Am I correct in thinking this camera has Audio in/out via Cat5 connection? If so I am struggling to get either.

Thanks in Advance Dan
Steve

Upvote 0
Thanks @Icespisteve

The camera is running the latest firmware, when you get a moment please update the NVR to the latest firmware - V5.03.010_240606

In regards to configuring the PTZ, this guide from Hikvision should help you with the steps to optimise your PTZ camera's performance as well as how to configure the Schedule Tasks for the camera to go through a preset movement on a schedule.

In regards to "automatically zoom in or at least track for a preset period", this model does support auto-tracking and you can have it enabled at the same time as the preset/schedule tasks but as far as we are aware the auto-tracking will only lock on to targets when the camera is NOT moving through a preset/schedule tasks.

So you would need to configure a longer period of time between each triggering of the preset/scan so that the camera has time to lock on and track before the next preset/scan is triggered.

For Audio, this PTZ does support audio but only by using the separate Audio I/O terminals on the main cable cluster, the camera does not have a built-in microphone/speaker that would work over the network cable (most PTZs don't support a built-in mic/speaker).

Upvote 0
With regards to zooming in when tracking, this might help too:

Upvote 0
Thanks @Icespisteve

The camera is running the latest firmware, when you get a moment please update the NVR to the latest firmware - V5.03.010_240606

In regards to configuring the PTZ, this guide from Hikvision should help you with the steps to optimise your PTZ camera's performance as well as how to configure the Schedule Tasks for the camera to go through a preset movement on a schedule.

In regards to "automatically zoom in or at least track for a preset period", this model does support auto-tracking and you can have it enabled at the same time as the preset/schedule tasks but as far as we are aware the auto-tracking will only lock on to targets when the camera is NOT moving through a preset/schedule tasks.

So you would need to configure a longer period of time between each triggering of the preset/scan so that the camera has time to lock on and track before the next preset/scan is triggered.

For Audio, this PTZ does support audio but only by using the separate Audio I/O terminals on the main cable cluster, the camera does not have a built-in microphone/speaker that would work over the network cable (most PTZs don't support a built-in mic/speaker).
Hi Dan,
Many thanks for that. NVR upgraded. And now a bit of reading.

Upvote 0
Back