01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvison DS-7608NI-K2 / 8P Live Display in wrong place

Ryraum

H all

Can any one help, See pic attached.

The live display on the NVR or TV HDMI or if go to camera direct, it makes no difference, the display covers the menu bar.
Screenshot 2024-01-07 190023.png

Device Model DS-7608NI-K2 / 8P

Firmware Version V4.72.107 build 220914
Encoding Version V5.0 build 220831
Hardware Version B-R-K51-00
Web Version V4.0.1 build 220905
Plugin Version V3.0.7.500
Number of Channels 8
Number of HDDs 1
Number of Alarm Input
Number of Alarm Output

Regards Dave

@Ryraum

Have you tried accessing the NVR with different browsers? Does it display the same in all browsers?

Have you tried clearing the browser cache/cookies for the browser you primarily access the NVR with?

Just to confirm, are you saying that the live view covers the top menu wherever you access the NVR from including on a direct monitor? If that is the case, are you able to share a photo of how it looks on a direct HDMI monitor?

Hi Dan

I have you tried accessing the NVR with Chrome, Edge and Firefox browsers and it display the same in all browsers.

I have cleared the browser cache/cookies for all the browser.

Just to confirm, are you saying that the live view covers the top menu wherever you access the NVR from including on a direct monitor? That is correct.

Hope that helps.

Regards Dave

Attachments

• 20240108_142640.jpg
    20240108_142640.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 70
Thanks @Ryraum

What is missing from the direct monitor GUI? Looking at your photo and comparing it to what we can see on our demo NVR you aren't missing any menus.

The resolution is pushing slightly beyond the screen limit, you can adjust the NVR output resolution by going to Configuration (cog symbol) > System > General > Basic Settings where you should see the drop-down labelled "VGA/HDMI Resolution".

Hi Dan

I changed the settings you suggested, from the 4K to 2K, this had no effect.

Bit the first image shows the live display before I load the LocalSeviceComponets, it is then that the display changes in both screen settings.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-08 150139.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-08 150139.png
    89.9 KB · Views: 67
  • Screenshot 2024-01-08 150106.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-08 150106.png
    44.4 KB · Views: 64
  • Screenshot 2024-01-08 145429.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-08 145429.png
    34.2 KB · Views: 60
@Ryraum. On the TV it is your TV settings causing the issue, I see this all the time. Adjust the aspect ratio of your TV with the remote control. If it's on Auto change it to 16:9, if it's on 16:9 try Auto. If after adjusting that, the edges of the screen are still missing, you need to go into the menu of the TV and somewhere in the advanced picture settings you'll find an 'overscan' option - turn it off and then adjust the aspect ratio again. Also change menu output to HDMI from Auto if you're only using the HDMI for the connection.

Reactions: Dan
I have checked the TV setting and they are correct.

It has been displaying on the same setting since first installed, only in the past two months have this problem arose.

IF it was the TV, why is it the same on my Laptop.

I have checked the TV setting and they are correct.

It has been displaying on the same setting since first installed, only in the past two months have this problem arose.

IF it was the TV, why is it the same on my Laptop.
Strange. The settings on the NVR will only affect the HDMI output and directly connected monitor. They are not linked in any way to the display output to a browser. I think there are two issues:

1 - The TV scan is not correct - look for that advanced setting I mentioned earlier before adjusting the aspect ratio and using the 'fit to screen' option if there is one.

2 - The display output to the browser. While connected via browser go into Configuration > Local and try altering the image size perhaps as shown below:

Screenshot 2024-01-09 at 14.58.57.png

Of course it could also be the display settings on your laptop so double check it from another laptop/PC to see if you get the same result.

I have a 7616NI-K2/16P with the same firmware that does not display this issue on the HDMI connected TV. That is a Panasonic model and I did need to switch off the overscan in the advanced settings; otherwise none of the aspect settings would give me a full screen image with everything visible (in playback the icons in the lower left corner for human, vehicle, skip unrelated weren't fully visible)

But if you're saying that it was previously working with a full screen visible on the same TV and laptop, and that nothing has changed, perhaps there's some display bug. Apart from the obvious shutdown, power down, power up (as opposed to a reboot), you could try doing a firmware upgrade with the same firmware version to see if that resolves it.

I have tried your suggestion adjusting the both screens, with no improvement.

Maybe I did not make it clear.

The TV and Laptop are both displaying the screen correctly.

The problem is not the display, but the area where the live display is, see examples below.
Screenshot 2024-01-10 153233.png
Screenshot 2024-01-10 153202.png
Screenshot 2024-01-10 153056.png
Screenshot 2024-01-10 153009.png

Try connecting using a different PC. It's a browser issue, or at least a problem with how your specific laptop display driver is rendering the web UI elements. I've not seen this before. Have you get some 'page zoom', 'text size' or other accessibility option enabled?

Try connecting using a different PC. It's a browser issue, or at least a problem with how your specific laptop display driver is rendering the web UI elements. I've not seen this before. Have you get some 'page zoom', 'text size' or other accessibility option enabled?

Also maybe try disabling any browser extensions, particularly those dealing with video play such as the popular "Disable HTML5 Autoplay" or other similar extensions.

I think it has something to do with the pc screen resolution... changing the pc screen resolution may correct the issue... but you probably don't want to change your screen resolution... so a better fix may be to change (reduce I think) the zoom level on the browser. I use Edge and it remembers the zoom level individually for different sites... pretty sure all modern browsers do.

Hi

Sometimes, wrong or not fully compatible plug-in causes this issue. Wrong position and picture not moving with page scroll
Download and install plug-in shown top right of chrome
Or try opening with Edge Reload in IE Mode. Install plug-in if noted
In general there are many issues with plug-in compatibility. iVMS installs its own ie plug-ins, Hikvision has generic plug-ins in support pages that work with some devives and do not with others, every device asks for its own plug-in even if a newer one is installed....

Hi All
After a few more tests and playing with Config, I would like to share the following with you all.

I added Internet Mode to Edge and set up the address
The result was all works fine on Edge, see below image and settings.

Screenshot 2024-01-14 104726.png
Screenshot 2024-01-14 104648.png

Chrome still showing incorrectly, Settings below,
Here are the setting from the last time it worked correctly on the Chrome and TV HDMI.
Model NVR DS-7608NI-K2 / 8P
Firmware Version V4.32.116 build 220112
Encoding Version V5.0 build 211229
Web Version V4.0.1 build 211217
Plugin Version V3.0.7.500
Number of Channels 7
Number of HDDs 1
Number of Alarm Input 9
Number of Alarm Output 21

Screenshot 2024-01-14 105346.png
Screenshot 2024-01-14 105315.png

So any comment and thoughts on this
Well, Hikvision browser support is crap. The data sheets for cameras, NVRs, DVRs will tell you what browsers and versions are supported with/without plugin. However you may get a different result when trying to view a camera via the NVR virtual host. As a Mac user I can view camera’s directly, some NVRs directly but no images through virtual host for NVR connected cameras. I have Windows 11 installed in Parallel’s VM, yet regardless of which Windows based browser I use I cannot get live images and full config available. This will never change.

Back