01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

HiLook ColorVu Lite IPC-T259H-MU installation?

Raj K

Hi All

I have just purchased my first cameras and nvr system. I went with the HILOOK system as i thought HIKVISION was only availalbe to the trade.

The cameras i went for are

Hikvision HiLook ColorVu Lite IPC-T259H-MU​

The NVR is

Hikvision HiLook NVR-104MH-C/4P (D) 4 channel 4K NVR with 4 port POE​

and i also purchased some wall brackets

Hikvision DS-1273ZJ-130-TRL wall mount (HIA-B402-130T)​

The retailer said these are the wall brackets for the system i have selected.

I plan to install the cameras above the front and back entrace doors to my property at a height of around 3m , the cables are already there ( cat 6 and will use power over ethernet)

I have some questions on the installation please and would appreciate some guidance.

The concrete fixings that came with the wall bracket aparrently wont ever come out if you want to remove the camera and put another brand etc. A youtubee said he doesnt use these fixings and instead uses something else. Does anyone have any recommendations for more suitable fixings to fix the wall bracket to the wall.

I also noted there is no gasket at the base plate of the wall bracket which would mate to the underside of the camera? Is this a problem or is it all designed to protect against water ingress at that junction point.

Note i will be using the ethernet connection waterproffing kit where the flylead and ethernet cable will join. I will also use self amalgamting tape to wrap around it too.

I have attached some pictures of the things im talking about.

Thankyou
Raj
PXL_20240430_104232783.jpg
PXL_20240430_103055604.jpg
PXL_20240430_103052115.jpg
PXL_20240430_103032163.jpg

Hi @Raj K

In regards to fixings, we are not aware of anyone having installed the wall brackets with anything other than the bolts included with the bracket, but can probably find other Rawl Plugs or similar fixings that would be easier to remove (but you need to do some research to find ones that are strong enough to hold the weight of the bracket, camera, and potentially someone trying to pull the camera off the wall).

When it comes to mounting the camera to the wall bracket, it is fine to mount the camera directly to the wall bracket. There won't be a perfect seal but very little moisture should reach this part of the bracket and even if a small amount does get inside the bracket, if you have the RJ45 connection properly protected as you describe there won't be any problems.

Back