01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hilook DVR working with Hikvision cameras.

emrsw01

Hi im looking to upgrade my Dahua DVR which only supports IP Cameras at 1080 to a Hilook DVR.

I currently have 3 Hikvision 6MB IP cameras and 2 Dahua IP cameras which are 4MB.

Currently the Hikvision cameras are using ONVIF to connect to the old Dahua unit.

I'm possibly thinking of getting the Hilook 8MB NVR-C-8P (B) 8 Channel NVR.
This is because i am hoping it will work ok with my current setup and it is in my price range. Also will allow me to utilise the 6mb cameras i have and use H265 instead of H264 which my old Dahua unit only supports

Question is will it work ok with my Hikvision cameras and support Motion Detection etc.

Appreciate i will have to use ONVIF to communicate with the Dahua cameras which i may eventually upgrade.

Cameras i have are DS-2CD2365G1-I Hikvision, DS-2CD2063G0-I Hikvision, DS-2CD2T85G1-I5 Hikvision and 2x Dahua IPC-HDWIPC-HDW2431TM-AS.

Cant find any information as to whether the Hilook DVR will actually support the Hikvision cameras. Any help would be appreciated.
Also will the Dahua cameras support motion detection when set up as an Onvif device with the Hilook DVR?

Had a rethink after seeing issues on this forum re Hilook NVR not working successfully with Hikvision cameras so now looking at Hikvision DS-7608NI-K2/8P 8.
Bit of an overkill for my needs but will work fine with my current setup. Anyone got any experience of using this NVR?

I have the Hilook 104MH-C-4P NVR
It works perfectly with two DS-2CD2347G2-L(U) ColorVu cameras a D150H and T651H-Z. No issues when using Hik_Connect.

Only downside is the NVR firmware is not as intuitive as the high end I series or M series NVR's.
If you can afford a Pro series Hikvision NVR then obviously that would be the best choice.

Got the Hikvision DS-7608NI-K2/8P 8 eventually. Easy to set up with my 3 Hikvision cameras. Bit of a pain setting up my 2 Dahua cameras as ONVIF but got there eventually. Motion detection works ok on Dahua cameras. The Hikvision cameras also support Motion Detection, Line Crossing and Intrusion Detection. Hik Connect works fine on my android mobile plus IVMS 4200 software on PC is great for searching for incidents.

Back