01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

How do I connect speaker and microphone to IP cameras?

isaac7

I need to set up a few PoE IP Cams in a pedestrian way around a building with 2-way audio. the Cams with the built-in speakers are not loud enough, so I need to attach external speakers to it. Can someone show me how this is done and what kind of speaker/mic should I buy to attach to it? do I need to add an amplifier for this? Is the PoE power from the IP cam itself enough to give power to the speaker? (it doesn't have to be very loud, but loud enough that people in a pedestrian way in a street can hear it)

for example, I tried the audio output of Hikvision DS-2DE3A400BW-DE, but it wasn't loud enough, I need something at least twice louder. it would be great if there was a PoE cam with a louder speaker and built-in 2-way audio so I didn't have to install an external speaker.

You can't have your cake and eat it as they say ;) as you have already discovered.
Most cctv cams with built in speakers are really only designed for indoor use(sound) or quiet small external areas - non commercial use etc; but realistically you will be up against it, if you have a large open area or require range of sound to subject. Depending on your application you may have to look at a 100v horn speaker, you will also need an amp and dedicated wiring.

I won't need a very loud sound but basically, it should be enough to be heard in a pedestrian way on the side of the street.

Is there a speaker with built in amp, so I connect it to the audio out on the IP Cam and then separately run power to the speaker? Or is it possible to get enough power from the PoE+ cam itself so I won't need separate power?

Back