01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

How-to: How do you Shutdown a Hikvision NVR?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a common question by Hikvision users so we thought we would create a short forum post to give a clear answer on the possible ways to shutdown an NVR.

Direct Monitor Access
If you are accessing your NVR from an HDMI/VGA monitor then it is possible to shutdown the NVR from within the menus, depending on the NVR model the menus and shutdown process is slightly different as you will see from the below explanations:

I-series (76xxNI-I2 / 77xxNI-I4 / 96xxNI-I8 / 96xxNI-I16) & K-series (7604NI-K1/4P(B) / 76xxNI-K2 / 77xxNI-K4) NVRs - In the top right corner of the live view you will see a power icon which if you hover over will bring up text that says either 'Power' or 'Power Off', click the icon and a pop-up menu will appear with 3 options, one of which will be shutdown. Click shutdown and a box will appear saying 'shutting down...' and then after 20-30 seconds, new text will appear asking you to switch the NVR off at the back to complete the shutdown.

(Above is for I-series and K-series NVRs that are running 4.0 GUI and EUI GUI respectively, if your NVRs are running older firmware and not using the latest user interface you will need to follow the below instructions)

7604NI-K1, E-series (76xxNI-E1 / 76xxNI-E2 / 77xxNI-E4), SE-series, and other older generation NVRs - Right-click the live view page and select the main menu from the dropdown, one of the menu options should be clearly labelled 'Shutdown' which when clicked should bring up the same 3 options as mentioned above. Click 'Shutdown' and a window should appear with the text 'shutting down...' and roughly 20-30 seconds later new text will appear asking you to switch the NVR off at the back to complete the shutdown.

Browser Access
if you are accessing the NVR primarily from a browser then your only option for shutting the NVR down is to simply flick the switch on the back of the NVR because the browser menus do not include a button to shut the NVR down like you can with the direct monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back