01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hybrid ColorVu: Human not detected on specific direction?

alfaclvi

Gives a lot of help
Trusted Member
Camera is over main home entrance, an angle of about 45 degrees, a height of 2.60 meters, heading is South-SE, and camera's lens top is reaching a distance of 15 meters.

Sensitivity is 100, Threshold(s) is 0, Alarm Validity is Basic, Intrusion area covers all front yard until the limit-border of fence, covering only 10% of road width, target size is max.

Last 15 days I had noticed around 5 missing Smart Events during the morning dawn and specifically till 08:30 am

Smart events were missing from VCA records for both Intrusion and Line Crossing.

All events were recorded as Motion Detection but only when Dynamic Analysis for Motion was enabled

Yesterday 08:15 a courier entered my property not through my gate but by the side, walking through my neighbours yard. He was loitering inside my yard, half yard length, moving forth and back for about 10 seconds, he was not detected by smart detection and then left going out through my yard gate. At that point he was detected and event was recorded on VCA

Today I decided to experiment and tested for about 2 hours 07:00 am to 09:00 am

Problem appears only for Humans and this is very difficult to verify because you need a second person to help.

Everything else, butterflies, insects, worms, birds, cats, objects like a broom and even an arm or hand were detected and almost all the times(95%) reported alarm and recorded as VCA events, anywhere inside the region area.

The problem appears at "lower" part to middle of the camera lens, when moving from "near(under the camera) to far". If the human target trancerns the center of region(and the center of camera lens), then is detected and gives an alarm. All events, humans and non humans are detected and VCA recorded when they are moving at the upper(lens) farthest part of region. I reduced the size of region to half the front length(middle to lower part only) and noticed that the same thing happens for "far to near" movement(middle of my yard to main entrance).
The problem occurs less times, if human target moves from left to right or right to left(90% detected)

Replicated "near to far" and "far to near" movement for about 100 times and there was only 20 times of detection. Most of the detections occured when sun exposed from cloudy sky and a sun elevation angle more than 15 degrees.

From 07:30 to 08:30 the sun beams hit the camera but not the lens inside camera. The sun is not visible by the camera.

Solved

Last edited:
Hybrid ColorVu DS-2CD2047G2H-LIU

Went back to firmware 5.7.13 build 230504 SP1
Cannot go further back since this was the first firmware for Hybrid series

The problem of target detection(tracking) is exactly the same with latest firmware 5.7.14 build 231213 SP2 for object movement near to far and far to near.
Again, using simply a house broom, moving forward and backward exactly under the camera for 5.5 ft in front and for a width of 5.5 ft left + 5.5 ft right, the target was not detected
The detection occured only after 5.5 feet (~1.60 meters) and more than 5.5 on the left or 5.5 ft on the right and once detected, target remained locked for every other movement, close or far. So the problen occurs on a rectagle of 5.5 * 11 ft center of camera and front.
Left to right or right to left gives almost an instant detection wherever position the target moves. Cars are instantly detected at a distance of 180 feet!!!!!
Many users will never notice, since their camera is mounted so that targets move across the camera view(mounted on left and right corners of house facade)

I start to believe that this is a Calibration issue. Either the cameras are not calibrated at all, or the Standards they use for Calibration are not Calibrated.
Every part, electronic, electromechanic and Opticals must be Calibrated. Voltages, pulses, lens, distances. If they do it the wrong way or do not perform at all, or the cameras are calibrated as non newer ultra wide angle ColorVus, then the problem goes to end user. Simple self calibrations or self tests are not enough for this kind of devices, where accuracy is necessary.
Maybe it is the cost to Calibrate. Sometimes is higher that the price of the camera itself.

They also do not give the option for manual or auto calibration for their cameras but only for specific models (TandemVu).

I also tested on my roof the "older" DS-2CD2047G2-L G5 board. The problem is exactly the same.......

Something like this:

Attachments

• placement.png
    placement.png
    45.1 KB · Views: 75
Problem appears only for Humans and this is very difficult to verify because you need a second person to help.
In Hik-Connect - ME > Settings > Display VCA Rule - turn on

You can wander around with your phone while watching the live feed and watch it trigger (or not). I used this to tweak my garden line crossing settings.

Thanks JB for your support
I 'll give it a try
May be I am wrong about "only Human"
Butterflies, insects, birds, cats, move around and this could be the cause of their detection.
I was trying forwards and backwards and thats the possible reason I was not detected

Last edited:
Update:
Enabled (turn on) Display VCA rule for Hik-Connect app
Corfirmed my problem again.
Going out of my main door, I am not detected(no green rectangle) until I reach 5 to 6 feet forward. Moving left to right, right to left, or diagonial, I was always detected(green rectangle around my body)
Enabled Highlight Moving Objects and detection(green grid) was instant from the moment I was under the door(suppose this is about Motion Detection)
Another observation is that even if I am detected by Motion(green grid), when going to Playback of my NVR(DS-7608NXI-K2), select Normal, select Hybrid Camera, go down Smart Search, Select Draw Polygon, then draw the polygon, the result is empty. No detection at all.
If I go back to Playback-Event-select Hybrid camera-go down Space Rule - Draw Motion Detection Rule- draw the area, then I see the detection.

This is very complex
I feel secure if I cross-check, both kind of searching on my NVR. Playback Normal and Event. Motion and Smart events. At least for now until they solve this that they(Hikvision) said they did fix:

Attachments

• far_to_near.png
    far_to_near.png
    61.7 KB · Views: 53
Smart Search, Select Draw Polygon, then draw the polygon, the result is empty. No detection at all
I think that is normal. It won't allow you to search 'Human' in one bit of the screen.
If I go back to Playback-Event-select Hybrid camera-go down Space Rule - Draw Motion Detection Rule- draw the area, then I see the detection.
Again I think that's expected. When you do the Space Rule and search, it's detecting all motion without the 'Human' filter applied. So you're seeing the detection there but it's just motion and anything moving in that defined area would've been found Human or not.

As an example, I found previously that doing a Custom Search for Human didn't work. However doing the same search and just selecting motion, or line crossing would show all of the motion or line crossing events (all of which are set in the camera to be 'Human' only). I would have expected a search for Human to show all of those results.

But that's just the way the different searches seem to work (weirdly) and doesn't alter your problem of not being detected.

I think that is normal. It won't allow you to search 'Human' in one bit of the screen.
Before search, I un-check Human and Vehicle. Then should search, detect all kind of events, including Human and vehicles?
It does on far targets 6 to 180 feet even if they are not in my drawn regions for giving alarms. They are simply recorded VCA events

Last edited:
Back