01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

I don't get any video previews on my ANPR-camera? (DS-2CD7A26G0/P-IZHSY)

joylord

I have latest firmware (V5.8.10 build 221108). I have tried everything but nothing works. How do I configure so that a VCA-event (detection of vehicle/number plate) will trigger recording of a video (internally on the memory card in the camera)? What kind of event do I select under Storage/Schedule Settings/Record Schedule?

I have the following available:
  • Continuous
  • Alarm
  • Motion | Alarm
  • Event
The most logical to me would be "Event" - but it's never triggered. The only type that work is continuous.

Under VCA/Road Traffic/Road Traffic/Arming Schedule and Linkage Method i have checked the following under Normal Linking:
  • Notify Surveillance Center
  • Upload to FTP/Memory Card/NAS
Under Trigger Alarm Output I have nothing selected. I was playing with A->1 and then changed different settings under Configuration/Event/Basic Event/Arming Scedule & Linkage Method to no use. I'm not really sure how A->1 and alarms works. Are those only hardware related to external sensors/sirens, or are they used to route outputs from events to be catched internally to trigger different actions in the software too? I'm also a bit confused why I only have "Basic Event" available under Event? On my other non ANPR-cameras I have Smart Events too. Shouldn't there be something similar here? Like VCA-event or something? I have included a couple of screenshots to clarify my settings.

Attachments

• screen1.png
    screen1.png
    240.4 KB · Views: 130
  • screen2.png
    screen2.png
    194.6 KB · Views: 122
  • screen3.png
    screen3.png
    175.8 KB · Views: 120
  • screen4.png
    screen4.png
    194.7 KB · Views: 117
  • screen5.png
    screen5.png
    176.3 KB · Views: 114
Hi @joylord

To use event-based recording you will need to use one of the common smart events that you get on the other cameras (such as intrusion or line crossing detection).

Unfortunately, as far as I know, you need to change the VCA resource (under the VCA tab) to "smart event", but this will disable the ANPR functionality, and I don't think it's possible to record only when number plates are detected.

The only way I think you will be able to get the camera to record during movement only, while also using the ANPR functionality, would be to use the "alarm input" event that you show in your screenshots and use the red "alarm" option in the camera's recording schedule. But, this is dependent on you having another device connected to alarm input (A->1) via a Normally Open or Normally Closed (NO/NC) contact that will detect movement and trigger the alarm input on the camera.

Are your other non-ANPR cameras recording to an NVR?

Hi @joylord

To use event-based recording you will need to use one of the common smart events that you get on the other cameras (such as intrusion or line crossing detection).

Unfortunately, as far as I know, you need to change the VCA resource (under the VCA tab) to "smart event", but this will disable the ANPR functionality, and I don't think it's possible to record only when number plates are detected.

The only way I think you will be able to get the camera to record during movement only, while also using the ANPR functionality, would be to use the "alarm input" event that you show in your screenshots and use the red "alarm" option in the camera's recording schedule. But, this is dependent on you having another device connected to alarm input (A->1) via a Normally Open or Normally Closed (NO/NC) contact that will detect movement and trigger the alarm input on the camera.

Are your other non-ANPR cameras recording to an NVR?
Thanks, it now became a little clearer. I'm not recording to a NVR right now. I had too much trouble getting everything to work when adding the cameras to the NVR. I think I may have got the wrong NVR for what I want (DS-7616NXI-I2). I really couldn't get my normal cameras and the ANPR-camera to play together when adding them to the NVR. When I got the ANPR-function to work, the motion events from the other cameras stopped working and vice versa. I think I'll use the NVR for my other non ANPR-camera and the ANPR-camera will be stand-alone always recording internally to the SD-card.

Back