01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

IP cctv non hub system for home recommendations please

robint

tech changes so fast that last years stuff (and its rubbish) is quickly overtaken. I am considering something along the lines spec
IP 1080p cams with local 64G 24/7 storage, say up to 16cams @ 15fps RTSP to an Onvif player like Agent DVR. I want to run these on a dedicated network/router unconnected to WWW for simplified security issues. I dont want Cloud stuff or to be locked into a Makers app system (like many try to do) particularly with proprietary protocols etc (Hikvision eg)

I want to keep it simple as you can get seriously over loaded with TCP/IP birdsnest black art.
For example ive had enormous trouble trying to create static IP addresses (as these are refreshed/changed every 24 hours). Onvif cant cope with this and routers dont behave as you would expect. You can switch off DHCP but this creates other problems every time there is the slightest change in the network and so on. You would think this was a simple matter but routers dont behave and dont respond to setting static IP as you would expect (Asus rt68 is well known for years for its unreliable display of network map info)

I have not come across Agent DVR before, their website seems to be here.

If you have selected that as the basis of your system, then it seems you just need to select cameras.
1080P / 2MP cameras are very widely available.
Your other requirements; 15fps, a card slot, and RTSP are not onerous.

So, plenty of options, perhaps use any make & model that the software creator or users cite as references for your initials tests ...

Reactions: Dan
you get some casual viewers but very few comments on this board it seems, maybe because its a Hikvision agency sponsor behind it

Back