01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Hik-Connect error 0xe002008?

CCTVGUY99

Hi Guru's,

I have a DS-7608 NI K2 /8P its one of many many NVR's we have supplied over the years, it is on the latest build V4.74.200 build 230522 and has for as long as i have known this device on every firmware it has had gotten the error code offline:0xe002008.

Just to weed out the time wasting...

• Yes the DNS is set correctly.
  • Yes the Ports are open.
  • Yes the device is otherwise completely accessible via static IP.
My question is: Does anyone know what this error code is as google doesnt reference it and hikvision UK arent very helpful (or even bother getting back to you).

I dont want to scrap the clients NVR as otherwise its worked perfectly for years and i can manually add it to HIKconnect via the static IP but it bugs me no one can answer this question.

Hi Guru's,

I have a DS-7608 NI K2 /8P its one of many many NVR's we have supplied over the years, it is on the latest build V4.74.200 build 230522 and has for as long as i have known this device on every firmware it has had gotten the error code offline:0xe002008.

Just to weed out the time wasting...

• Yes the DNS is set correctly.
  • Yes the Ports are open.
  • Yes the device is otherwise completely accessible via static IP.
My question is: Does anyone know what this error code is as google doesnt reference it and hikvision UK arent very helpful (or even bother getting back to you).

I dont want to scrap the clients NVR as otherwise its worked perfectly for years and i can manually add it to HIKconnect via the static IP but it bugs me no one can answer this question.
Is this related to HikConnect?

Export the system logs as a text file and then search for the code.

I know you've covered most of these but....

1. Firmware Update: Ensure that ALL related Hikvision device's firmware are up to date. Check the Hikvision website for the latest firmware version and follow their instructions to update the firmware.
  2. Network Connectivity: Check the network connection between your Hikvision device and the computer or monitoring system. Make sure all network cables are securely connected, and the network settings are configured correctly.
  3. Firewall and Security Settings: Verify that any firewalls or security software on your computer or network are not blocking the communication between the Hikvision device and the monitoring system. Temporarily disable firewalls and security software to see if that resolves the issue.
  4. Username and Password: Ensure that you are using the correct username and password to access the Hikvision device. If the password has been changed recently, make sure to use the updated credentials.
  5. Port Forwarding: If you are accessing the Hikvision device over the internet, ensure that ALL port forwarding is properly configured on your router to allow remote access to the device.
  6. Check Error Logs: Some Hikvision devices may provide error logs or event logs that can give you more insight into the cause of the error. Check the device's interface or management software for any available logs.
  7. Factory Reset: If none of the above steps work, you might consider performing a factory reset on the Hikvision device. However, please note that this will reset all settings, and you will need to reconfigure the device from scratch.

Hi David,

Thanks for the reply, I am an installer with 30 plus years experience especially with hik kit so naturally have been through all of the above unfortunately with no avail.

The logs were the first thing I checked they just show “failed to connect” and the error code.

As mentioned in my post google doesn’t reference the error code at all and hik support are their usual useless selves.

The system including the individual cameras are remotely accessible via a static IP so obviously the username and password are correct it’s just hik connect that doesn’t work even after a factory restore?

Hi David,

Thanks for the reply, I am an installer with 30 plus years experience especially with hik kit so naturally have been through all of the above unfortunately with no avail.

The logs were the first thing I checked they just show “failed to connect” and the error code.

As mentioned in my post google doesn’t reference the error code at all and hik support are their usual useless selves.

The system including the individual cameras are remotely accessible via a static IP so obviously the username and password are correct it’s just hik connect that doesn’t work even after a factory restore?
Understood, I'm mainly Telecomms / network side.

ISP's can do weird things on their networks. Have you checked that the relevant ports are open to the internet?

On the router temporarily enable upnp then reboot. Then enable upnp on the NVR, reboot. check connectivity, if it works check the router port forwarding tables. disable upnp on router and nvr.

As you have a static IP, can the router be put into modem only mode? Then add the static IP to the NVR, you may need to setup PPoE.

David

Hi David,

No problem, I do appreciate the help.

Yes we use mobile routers and have template images so they all match, I have also checked the server ports, camera ports etc… including 80 443 and 554 amongst the required ports to make sure they are accessible

Hi David,

No problem, I do appreciate the help.

Yes we use mobile routers and have template images so they all match, I have also checked the server ports, camera ports etc… including 80 443 and 554 amongst the required ports to make sure they are accessible
So you are using SIM cards with public IP addresses to get around CGNAT?

Sometimes remote servers do not like clients with excessive variable latency across the network, this is mainly on LEO and GEO stationary satellites but can happen on mobile networks. Have you tried a normal VDSL / FTTP connection?

Are there any other HikConnect servers available on the NVR? On the NVR is there an option to add the HikConnect server as an IP address?

David

Back