01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Is it possible to change my DVR's alert sound?

GTEM

Is it possible to change the alert sound on HVR 4.0 device or can it only be this annoying high pitched beep?

Device name NDVR
Model DS-7208HUHI-K1
Firmware Version V4.20.001, Build 190430
Hardware Version 0xc3201

Thank you for response.
Having a look around the settings it seems it is possible to set "Trigger Alarm Output". I might be wrong but I am making an assumption that this is referencing the 4 Alarm-out pins on the back. So now I am wondering what the output of these are and whether I might be able to connect any sort of low level buzzer to this output instead. So now wondering if there is any voltage output on this or whether it is simply an on/off switch. I have just tried this setting and found a click sound from DVR when triggerred which is already better than the high pitched beep and would suggest to me it is just a on/off switch.
Wondering if there is any specs available on capacity of these switches.

This question of how/what to connect to NVR/camera I/O has popped-up on multiple threads around this same time.
We are conscious that we do not have a good comprehensive answer, despite it having been discussed in the forum before. :(
Hikvision's manuals and guides do not cover it well. :rolleyes:
@Dan is on a mission, and we hope to post a better explainer in the next few days.
Keep 'em peeled!

Back