01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Is it worth to get a better wifi extender (5ghz) support?

Koolman511

Hi,

I have the CCTV system placed in attic and is plugged into a TPlink wifi extender which supports only 2.4ghz and a maximum of 300mbps.

At times, it loses connection and I am thinking if I should invest in a wifi extender which supports 5ghz as well for better speed and performance. The dvr system is a DVR-204U-K1 (Hilook) which supports Network Interface:
1; 10M / 100M self-adaptive Ethernet interface

The question is , I am not sure if I should invest in better wifi extender. Only problem is I am not sure if the ethernet port of the wifi extender will run the wireless speeds or there is a set of protocol.

Hi,

I have the CCTV system placed in attic and is plugged into a TPlink wifi extender which supports only 2.4ghz and a maximum of 300mbps.

At times, it loses connection and I am thinking if I should invest in a wifi extender which supports 5ghz as well for better speed and performance. The dvr system is a DVR-204U-K1 (Hilook) which supports Network Interface:
1; 10M / 100M self-adaptive Ethernet interface

The question is , I am not sure if I should invest in better wifi extender. Only problem is I am not sure if the ethernet port of the wifi extender will run the wireless speeds or there is a set of protocol.
If you have problems with 2.4GHz connectivity it’ll be worse at 5GHz. Have you tried Powerline Adapters | TP-Link United Kingdom

I use these between my switch in the loft and nvr in the office.

If you have problems with 2.4GHz connectivity it’ll be worse at 5GHz. Have you tried Powerline Adapters | TP-Link United Kingdom

I use these between my switch in the loft and nvr in the office.
Nope not tried powerline adapters. Thanks, I will check it out What is the difference between powerline vs wifi extenders? its usually my app (apple) and some of the camstops while the browser live view does not have issues.

Thanks, I will check it out What is the difference between powerline vs wifi extenders?
using power line adapters you'll get around 2Gb of throughput and reduced latency. Get the ones with the passthrough socket and you'll be able to plug your DVR into it as well. The other power line adapter can go near your router and the ethernet can connect to a spare port on your router.

For the power line adapters to work the DVR and router power sockets must connect to the same electrical fuse / breaker box in your house.

its usually my app (apple) and some of the camstops while the browser live view does not have issues.
Have you tried viewing the sub stream on your IPad?

Back