01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

iVMS-4200 iVMS 4200 (V3.8.0.4) Hanging on Windows 11?

BigAl

This has been ongoing for about 6 weeks now, ever since I purchased a new laptop with Windows 11 Home 64-bit Version installed.

I have another with Windows 10 Home 64-bit Version and there are no problems.
Like everybody I've scoured the internet for answers, and although some are experiencing the same problem, I haven't found an answer yet.
Once installed and I'm logged in, the program just hangs.

Attachments

• hangs.jpg
    hangs.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 414
v3.8.0.4 has tons of issues like hanging, image freezing, skipping, visual artefacts, etc. I tested it on two computers, same behaviour. The only solution I'm aware of is reverting back to 3.7.0.5 and pray Hikvision will fix it on 3.9.x.x.

I've made a backup of the program and multilanguage pack installers and uploaded it to OneDrive, let me know if you can't find a link.

Upvote 0
v3.8.0.4 has tons of issues like hanging, image freezing, skipping, visual artefacts, etc. I tested it on two computers, same behaviour. The only solution I'm aware of is reverting back to 3.7.0.5 and pray Hikvision will fix it on 3.9.x.x.

I've made a backup of the program and multilanguage pack installers and uploaded it to OneDrive, let me know if you can't find a link.
Thank you. So is it just a Windows 11 problem being as it is OK on my other HP laptop (with a failing hard drive) which is Windows 10

Upvote 0
Thank you. So is it just a Windows 11 problem being as it is OK on my other HP laptop (with a failing hard drive) which is Windows 10
Hmm, I don't know for sure, but I don't think it's because of Windows 11, because I'm having the issues I mentioned on both a desktop and laptop running Windows 10. Anyway, it's worth trying V3.7.0.5_E. Here's the link, it's safe as I've downloaded it directly from Hikvision website, but it doesn't seem to be archived anymore.

iVMS-4200V3.7.0.5_E.exe

Upvote 0
Hmm, I don't know for sure, but I don't think it's because of Windows 11, because I'm having the issues I mentioned on both a desktop and laptop running Windows 10. Anyway, it's worth trying V3.7.0.5_E. Here's the link, it's safe as I've downloaded it directly from Hikvision website, but it doesn't seem to be archived anymore.

iVMS-4200V3.7.0.5_E.exe
Well I say Windows 11 because I have iVMS-4200V3.8.0.4 working perfectly on a similar HP Laptop running Windows 10 without any problems.

Upvote 0
I installed what I believe to be the latest version today, 3.8.1.4 and it still hangs.

I've emailed Hikvision.

Upvote 0
There's a slightly newer (V3.9) version at the European Hikvision website.
Unfortunately, we don't have a Windows 11 PC that we can test this on here yet.

Upvote 0
There's a slightly newer (V3.9) version at the European Hikvision website.

Downloaded and installed V3.9

Also downloaded and installed the latest graphics driver from Intel

Same problem, it just hangs on my Windows 11 laptop
Just gone back to my old laptop running Windows 10 and iVMS Ver 3.8.0.4 Build 20220705 and everything is working as it should be.
But this laptop states that the Hard Drive is failing, hence the new laptop and all the problems.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have the same problem, just bought a Windows 11 laptop 64bit.
Had Hikvision support on team viewer for about a hour, no joy.
Reckons it could be firewall, but ive got turned off.

Upvote 0
I have the same problem, just bought a Windows 11 laptop 64bit.
Had Hikvision support on team viewer for about a hour, no joy.
Reckons it could be firewall, but ive got turned off.
I've didn't think of turning my Firewall off, I'll try it.
Did you try launching the program as 'administrator' I did but it didn't work for me.

I might give HP a call, they might be able to look into it for me.

It is just so annoying, upgrade the PC and iVMS stops working.

Somebody must be able to work out why, and I think it should be Hikvision, they had the program written.

Their technical department didn't reply to me email, even though I am registered with them as an installer of CCTV.

Upvote 0
Yeah, logged in as administrator and changed compatability mode to recommended windows 8.
I've got hp windows laptop as well.
Went back to ivms 3.5 version, still buffering.
Only one I found to work was ivms lite, a basic version I know.

Upvote 0
Hi, was just passing and saw that others were reporting issues with iVMS-4200 and thought it might help if I posted my findings, though sadly no fix at the moment, only a partial work around.

I've been using IVMS for a few years, on various Windows machines and Android phones.

A few weeks ago I replaced my desktop computer with a new one and last week also replaced my laptop, which I mostly use in my living room to monitor my 8 camera CCTV. After a lot of experimenting and some help today from my own HikVision reseller who remotely connected to my laptop and agreed I wasn't doing anything wrong after trying various versions going back to 3.2, these are our findings:

HP Windows 11 Home laptop: No full versions of IVMS Client work. Installs OK, can add an account with security questions and password, then it just hangs with the doughnut circling forever, minimal CPU used. Only iVMS 4200 Lite works though it is very slow to initialise even though its a Ryzen 5 processor in a good spec machine. Tried using admin privilege and compatibility mode - no change.

HP Windows 10 Desktop- A few years old: All versions I've ever tried work.

HP Windows 10 Laptop - A few years old: All versions I've tried work.

Samsung S22 Ultra Android - IVMS 4500 4.7.7 works

All machines are fully patched and up to date. All run Nord VPN and Bitdefender. My LAN is a mixture of wired and wireless mesh and direct to router connections. Because some versions work on some machines I know its not my network, firewall, wall paper colour or the weather.

To summarise iVMS full client does not appear to work in Windows 11 Home but it does work on pretty much everything else.

My Hikvision reseller is reporting what he has found to Hikvision.

Does anyone have experience of a suitable CCTV recorder that might replace my box: Must have remote access, POE to run most of the cameras, can use my existing BNC Hikvision cameras, support 2TB of mirrored disks, support 16 cameras - a mix of BNC and Ethernet.

Regards

Tony

Upvote 0
Yeah, logged in as administrator and changed compatability mode to recommended windows 8.
I've got hp windows laptop as well.
Went back to ivms 3.5 version, still buffering.
Only one I found to work was ivms lite, a basic version I know.
Pretty much where I just got to. Works on everything I have except Windows 11 Home:
Lenovo - W10 - OK,
HP Laptop Windows 11 Home - no, Lite works
HP Desktop Windows 11 Pro - OK,
HP Desktop Windows 10 - OK
Also tried Compatibility mode W7 and W8 and as administrator - though I'm that already.

Messages HikVision but no response. My own reseller is investigating.

I'm not holding my breath.

Now looking for alternatives to Hikvision as I don't really trust them security wise.

Upvote 0
Hi, was just passing and saw that others were reporting issues with iVMS-4200 and thought it might help if I posted my findings, though sadly no fix at the moment, only a partial work around.

I've been using IVMS for a few years, on various Windows machines and Android phones.

A few weeks ago I replaced my desktop computer with a new one and last week also replaced my laptop, which I mostly use in my living room to monitor my 8 camera CCTV. After a lot of experimenting and some help today from my own HikVision reseller who remotely connected to my laptop and agreed I wasn't doing anything wrong after trying various versions going back to 3.2, these are our findings:

HP Windows 11 Home laptop: No full versions of IVMS Client work. Installs OK, can add an account with security questions and password, then it just hangs with the doughnut circling forever, minimal CPU used. Only iVMS 4200 Lite works though it is very slow to initialise even though its a Ryzen 5 processor in a good spec machine. Tried using admin privilege and compatibility mode - no change.

HP Windows 10 Desktop- A few years old: All versions I've ever tried work.

HP Windows 10 Laptop - A few years old: All versions I've tried work.

Samsung S22 Ultra Android - IVMS 4500 4.7.7 works

All machines are fully patched and up to date. All run Nord VPN and Bitdefender. My LAN is a mixture of wired and wireless mesh and direct to router connections. Because some versions work on some machines I know its not my network, firewall, wall paper colour or the weather.

To summarise iVMS full client does not appear to work in Windows 11 Home but it does work on pretty much everything else.

My Hikvision reseller is reporting what he has found to Hikvision.

Does anyone have experience of a suitable CCTV recorder that might replace my box: Must have remote access, POE to run most of the cameras, can use my existing BNC Hikvision cameras, support 2TB of mirrored disks, support 16 cameras - a mix of BNC and Ethernet.

Regards

Tony
Hi Tony

You have very much discovered what a few of us have discovered.
I reported it to Hikvision Technical on the 8th January, I received by return a Ticket Number,.....but I've heard absolutely zilch since.

Unfortunately typical Hikvision, when they don't know, they bury their head in the sand.
Don't hold your breath waiting for a result.

Upvote 0
Thanks Tonyv
I sent my hp laptop windows 11 home back to hp, going to get the pro model
to hopefully get over this problem

I phoned Hikvision today today and recommended the following:

The computer you are launching the software (SADP/iVMS 4200) on is missing a C++ Redistributable package needed to run the software. Install the C++ Redistributable 2013 x86 version to fix the issue. Below is the link to download the C++ Redistributable 2013.

Download Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013 from Official Microsoft Download Center

Upvote 0
Thanks Tonyv
I sent my hp laptop windows 11 home back to hp, going to get the pro model
to hopefully get over this problem

I phoned Hikvision today today and recommended the following:

The computer you are launching the software (SADP/iVMS 4200) on is missing a C++ Redistributable package needed to run the software. Install the C++ Redistributable 2013 x86 version to fix the issue. Below is the link to download the C++ Redistributable 2013.

Download Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013 from Official Microsoft Download Center

Hi Tony

You are a star.
After weeks of trying I have installed the file you have mentioned above, I rebooted my laptop and now iVMS 3.9.0.5 loads without hanging.

I hope your solution is also successful for others with the same problem.

Upvote 0
Just a update on ivms 4200 hanging.
Sent back my laptop to HP for another new one still the same problem persist.
I downloaded c++ files to my hp laptop windows 11 home 64 bit but still not working.
Had 2 hikvision tech guys on it on teamviewer, no luck.
Only way was to roll back to windows 10 home, all working now and fast.

Upvote 0
@Jake Hulks is now the proud owner of a new beast of Windows 11 Pro Workstation :)

He is going to do some tests to see what does / doesn't work for us.

Upvote 0
Back