01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

iVMS-4200 iVMS VCA Search not working properly after update to V3.11.1.5?

tuil

I have installed the latest iVMS version (V3.11.1.5) and VCA Search feature has stopped working properly. It only works if I search for events which have happened today, if I try to search for events, for example, one week ago - nothing happens.

My steps: launch iVMS, go to Remote Playback tab, select one camera, click Play button, pick a date (today - 7 days), click OK button, open context menu, click VCA Search -> Enable Line Crossing Detection, select a region. And nothing happens, video playback continues and no events are found. This feature was working fine on the old iVMS version (don't remember which version I had before).

I have also tried Video Search feature and it is not working at all. I always receive "It is not supported by the device" error.
I have not used this feature before, so I don't know if it was working previously. My steps: launch iVMS, go to Data Retrieval tab, pick Search By -> By Event Type, select one camera, click Search button. After that I always receive the same error as you can see below.

iVMS-4200_exp.png

I am testing these features on two different NVRs (NI and NXI), which both have the latest firmware.

Is it a software bug or am I doing something wrong?

Hi @tuil - I've checked V3.11.1.5 (and V3.11.0.5), and both Event Playback and Video Search work properly for me for all days with an I-Series NVR.

What are the full model numbers and firmware versions of the NVRs and cameras you're trying with please?

Have you added the NVRs to iVMS-4200, ticking "import to group" when you add them, and are you then selecting the camera from the folder for that NVR in the sidebar when you try both search options?

If you search on the NVR's local console, do you have event footage saved for the days that you can't find any in iVMS-4200?

h8Dgda5z9B.png

iORgQHNPqD.png

Hi all

I have the same issues with my NXI-K series NVR and iVMS4200 v3.11.0.5
Remote Playback-Camera Playback gives results only for present day and previous day. If going back 2 days ago, search gives results for yesterday. Days before yesterday can be Playback but VCA search returns no results. This is also impossible to select another day if you have not previously closed Playback window.
The only tricky way to force find previous days events, is to go Remote Playback-Event Playback, do a search on your Camera(NVR), find results for Events, then go back to Playback-Camera Playback, perform a VCA search which now magically gives results for whatever previous day.
Yes the problem started after ivms v3.11
This concerns Continuous recording. Not Event recording

A correction to my post:
Now Installed v3.11.1.5
A search by Playback-Camera Playback, now gives no results for yesterday. A search for selected date May 27 gives results for May 28.
Happens only on continuous NVR Camera Playback. Does not happen on same camera event recorded Playback

Last edited:
What are the full model numbers and firmware versions of the NVRs and cameras you're trying with please?
1. DS-7604NI-K1/4P (B) with V4.30.097 build 240401
2. DS-7604NXI-K1/4P with V4.82.007 build 240321
3. DS-2CD2047G2-LU (C) with V5.7.15 build 240411
4. DS-2CD2347G2H-LIU with V5.7.15 build 240411
5. DS-2CD2346G2-I with V5.7.15 build 240411

Have you added the NVRs to iVMS-4200, ticking "import to group" when you add them, and are you then selecting the camera from the folder for that NVR in the sidebar when you try both search options?
Yes and yes.

If you search on the NVR's local console, do you have event footage saved for the days that you can't find any in iVMS-4200?
I cannot physically check that right now, but I am pretty sure they are. Otherwise, events would not be listed on the time line when I watch recorded videos with Hik-Connect.

The only tricky way to force find previous days events, is to go Remote Playback-Event Playback, do a search on your Camera(NVR), find results for Events, then go back to Playback-Camera Playback, perform a VCA search which now magically gives results for whatever previous day.
Yes, that does the trick for me as well. Thank you for pointing that out! So, that is definitely a software issue (iVMS bug).

Thanks both.
Yep, it definitely sounds like it could be a bug affecting K-Series and Acusense K-Series models.
I'll set up our 7608NI-K2/8P to record for a few days to verify it, and raise this with Hikvision.

Thanks Kyle.

Went back to v3.10.0.6 build 230714 which is OK

Hi both, could you please test the newest version - V3.11.1.6 - and let me know if this helps with any of the issues?
If not, Hikvision have asked if you can share a video showing these issues please?

I tested on our 8 channel K-Series (as well as an I- and M-Series), and could't create the same problem, so I guess the only affected models are the 4 channel K- and NXI-K models...

Last edited:
I have tested the latest iVMS version. Issues remain.
Making a video would be a bit challenging for me. @alfaclvi, maybe you could share a video?

Hi all
Today I installed v3.11.1.6 and tested on my Windows 11 Desktop. Same issue here too. VCA by rules search, gives back no results.
Another thing that I noticed on my win10 laptop is that if the laptop and ivms remain powered on for several days without closing ivms, then the search gives back results normally for those days.
So this seems to be time compatibility issue for ivms and NXI-K or -K series. This could also be the latest firmwares.
Sometimes when checking 7608NXI-K2 Settings-System-Maintenance-Time Sync Diagnosis I see a second line of time sync source, the ip of my Laptop and a warning of possible malfunction(not Normal). I 'll post a screenshot when I see this again. And somehow, ivms takes control of NVR by itself.
The issue is possibly related with the one reported for NXI-K playback on Hikconnect.
What I understand and feel very sorry about, is that they do not test the NXI-Ks. It's as if they never existed from the beginning, were not added on ftp servers and the major problem is that not many people bought them, not many users, not many testers.
Thanks Kyle again

Thanks both, are you still seeing these problems on the new V4.82.100 build 240606 firmware for the NXI-K NVRs?

If you're able to get a video or screenshots showing these problems, I can pass them on to UK Support.
But, they have recommended reporting these problems to your local support team, as this is the best way to get bugs raised and addressed by HQ:

Back