01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware M Series Firmware 4.63.005 - VCA Search Bug [SOLVED - menu change]

JB1970

Guru
Trusted Member
***SOLVED***

4.63.005 appears to have broken VCA search with the NVR possible discarding VCA data sent by the camera.

In Smart Playback, markers are shown automatically for pre configured events. Using the VCA search and 'Draw Line' then automatically updates the markers to reflect the searched area.

In 4.63.005 the search is not working for any recording made after the firmware update. I can do the VCA search in Smart Playback for video recorded before yesterday and all the markers display. However any VCA search on video recorded after the search give no results at all.

***SOLVED***

Last edited:
I must admit I wasn't aware of the "save camera VCA data" option, in the past, because I had so few ip cams, I was reliant on motion detection, which was setup full screen, and used to smart search that.

As a test, I have one camera setup with intrusion detection running on the whole scene, and I tried a VCA search of it before that setting was on, and got nothing, but I have just enabled it, and I seem to be ok doing VCA searches after it was switched on. In fact, I have now managed to reduce the intrusion area to just the bit im interested in, but still can smart search the whole scene, which is what I wanted all along, events given just on the area of interest, but the ability to smart search the whole area if needs be.

Im on the v4.63.005 Build 230512

Wonder if its worth disabling and re enabling the save camera VCA option to see if it comes back?

Wonder if its worth disabling and re enabling the save camera VCA option to see if it comes back?
Where are you seeing that option? I've seen it on other models but not on the M series and it has been working until the update. "Enable Dual VCA" yes - that's on all cameras and accessible through the NVR web client but "Save Camera VCA Data" - I can't see it.

@rorton
its in 'Storage' > 'Advanced' > second from bottom option
Just found it - that has either appeared in this latest version or switched itself off. I believe it's the former. It's been an option on other models for some time....

was yours ticked when you looked?
No it was off - I'm 99% sure the option was never there until this version (but can't be a***d to downgrade to check :))! If it was it definitely disabled itself during update as everything is searchable prior to yesterday.

could do with Hikvision providing a test system so not to mess up the main one!

found this in a manual dated 2023 - doesnt say the fw version it relates too

2.8 Save Camera VCA Data
After saving camera VCA data to your device, you will be able to search the camera VCA data. Go to Storage → Advanced to enable Save VCA Data via local GUI interface.

Go to Configuration → Video and Audio → Display Info. on Scream to turn on Enable Dual-VCA via web browser.

(I called the file M Series NVR so I can find it on my pc, the file wasn't called that)

Attachments

• Mseries NVR.pdf
    23.4 MB · Views: 130
Anyone know if this option is possible to get directly from a Color Vu camera connected to hikconnect ?
Or is this option only available via NVR ?
1000002260.jpg

Anyone know if this option is possible to get directly from a Color Vu camera connected to hikconnect ?
Or is this option only available via NVR ?
View attachment 10356
Yes though I can’t confirm whether it’s all ColorVu. I installed a G2 model (G5 platform) standalone and it worked on that one. It wouldn’t work on a G1 ColorVu as that has no AcuSense and I’m unsure whether it’ll work on the older G3 firmware model.

Great to hear! .. do you need to do any special setting ? I can't seem to get it working when using the playback option on a Color Vu hybrid light camera on hikconnect . When using a M-series NVR it works great !

Btw . I have turned on dual vca and and also enabled smart event under meta data settings .

I don't recall doing anything special.

'Smart Event' in meta data settings isn't required (but won't do any harm if enabled) Ensure that in System Settings > VCA Resource, 'Smart Event' is enabled there (as it is by default) as AcuSense won't work if it's set to Face Capture or Monitoring. In the event settings themselves, you must have the 'Human' and/or 'Vehicle' checkbox applied. Other than that so long as the camera is registered with Hik-Connect and you're viewing the camera in your app via that same Hik-Connect account you should be good to go. You won't see the filter if you're viewing the camera as a local device.

Back