01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

M Series Bug - Cannot Search Alarm Input Events

JB1970

Guru
Trusted Member
This bug has been present on the new M Series NVR since release and has not been resolved with the newest firmware (4.61.420_230217)

I have several external PIR's connected to the alarm inputs on the rear of the NVR. They function correctly triggering an alert to Hik-Connect. However, clicking on Custom Search, Time: Last 7 Days, Event Type: Alarm Input > Start Search. There are no results.
The bug makes the alarm inputs unusable.

Last edited:
Yeah it's a little annoying. I initially posted that the alarm input events should be visible on the smart playback timeline but having re read the latest NVR manual, that will only display motion, line intrusion etc so I edited the post. Custom Search however should show the events but doesn't.

Where the M Series excels is its performance. I have my 5 x 8MP (plus another 4 x 4MP) models running at 25FPS, Highest quality and with a bit rate cap at the maximum of 16,384. Playback performance is excellent with no freezing or skipped frames and no lag on the local interface.

Also I should say that as well as the events working and triggering the alerts via Hik-Connect, they can also be found by clicking the File Management tab and searching by Time Period, Camera Number and Event Type (Alarm Input) in that screen. The problem with that is that you can only view the results using the pop up viewer whereas Custom Search uses the standard playback timeline.

Last edited:
Thanks @JB1970 - apologies, I meant to post an update from Hikvision on this and the other bugs in the other thread, I've posted one now here:

In short, they've acknowledged this problem and passed it on to their HQ to work on a fix.
I'll let them know now that this hasn't been resolved in 4.61.420_230217 and come back with any more info that I get...

Thanks @JB1970 - apologies, I meant to post an update from Hikvision on this and the other bugs in the other thread, I've posted one now here:

In short, they've acknowledged this problem and passed it on to their HQ to work on a fix.
I'll let them know now that this hasn't been resolved in 4.61.420_230217 and come back with any more info that I get...
Great thanks. I'm glad they were able to reproduce the issue.

Back