01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware M Series NVR - New Firmware 4.63.000 available [has confirmed Hik-Connect bug]

JB1970

Guru
Trusted Member
New firmware for the M series NVR is available on the Hikvision UK website. Version 4.63.000_230412. No release notes as yet. I'm about to install it. Hopefully it'll resolve the issue with events from alarm inputs not being searchable from Custom Playback. It's available here:

There are a few noticeable changes:

1 - Preview images (in the config pages) seem to load on Safari now whereas previously they would lag or not load at all.
2 - Platform Access > Hik-Connect settings now has 'sub stream rate adaptation'
3 - Platform Access > Hik-Connect settings now has the option to switch between version 2.0 and 3.0 protocol (not sure what that will do but trying it now)
4 - Human/Vehicle filter buttons now available in the Hik-Connect app. This was also shown in the release notes for the 5.7.13 version of G5 camera firmware, however I think that only applies to cameras operating without an NVR as the change did not appear until the NVR was updated.

Last edited:
Alarm Input events still cannot be searched using custom search in playback. This makes alarm inputs useless on the M Series NVR. It should've been fixed, it's now 6 months - disappointing.

Marvellous! (Sunday morning sarcasm) - another possible bug and a big one at that.

In the Hik-Connect app the bell icon to enable/disable notifications no longer works:
  • Click the bell icon - 'notification is disabled'
  • Trigger an event - phone still pings, watch still pings
It appears that while the button works it's not disabling notifications. My wife is washing the car on the drive so I've had to log out of Hik-Connect completely to stop the notifications. The NVR has been rebooted, the app has been restarted and I've logged out/in to Hik-Connect

Based on the above I'd advise against the update.

Last edited:
Hik-Connect settings now has the option to switch between version 2.0 and 3.0 protocol (not sure what that will do but trying it now
Changing to version 3.0 not recommended - it disables the newly introduced AcuSense Event/Motion/Vehicle buttons in the Hik-Connect app amongst other things.

Thanks again for finding and raising these bugs @JB1970 - it's frustrating that the Custom Search>Alarm Input problem still hasn't been fixed, I'll feed that back now.

I'll tell them about the new Hik-Connect bell bug too - we'll verify it here on the latest version of the app on both iOS and Android too.

I'll be back with an update when I hear back...

Thanks again for finding and raising these bugs @JB1970 - it's frustrating that the Custom Search>Alarm Input problem still hasn't been fixed, I'll feed that back now.

I'll tell them about the new Hik-Connect bell bug too - we'll verify it here on the latest version of the app on both iOS and Android too.

I'll be back with an update when I hear back...
Thanks Kyle - it's not the end of the world but the M Series replaces an I series where that functionality worked perfectly so is a little frustrating as I use PIRs around the perimeter.

The Hik-Connect bell bug seems to also be the NVR firmware at fault (rather than Hik-Connect) as it was working immediately prior to loading 4.63.000. I'm also firing an e mail through now but don't hold out much hope of a response. A few weeks ago I got an 'case closed' response from Hikvision support; it had been so long since I contacted them I can't remember what the issue was :)

One of Hikvisions' support engineers got back to me this morning. They've confirmed they can replicate the issue with the Hik-Connect app notification disable button not working and will feed the information back. They're saying that the inability to 'Custom Search' alarm inputs in playback is because the alarm input is on the NVR and the source is the NVR regardless of whether it's associated with a camera. I'm pretty sure this search worked on the I series and let them know that.

Last edited:
Thanks for letting us know - I've been able to replicate the same problem with the notification bell on the newest iOS version of the app, so it's definitely a bug in the firmware, so I've let them know too and hopefully they'll be able to fix it quickly.

I've also asked about the "custom search" issue in playback on the app and explained that this still doesn't work, just in case I get a different answer / more info about if it ever worked properly.

Thanks for letting us know - I've been able to replicate the same problem with the notification bell on the newest iOS version of the app, so it's definitely a bug in the firmware, so I've let them know too and hopefully they'll be able to fix it quickly.

I've also asked about the "custom search" issue in playback on the app and explained that this still doesn't work, just in case I get a different answer / more info about if it ever worked properly.
I got a further e mail back from support (also called Kyle) and he confirmed my suspicion that alarm inputs were searchable on the I series (I was beginning to doubt my memory), but the operation had been changed for the M. I find that a little strange as the release notes for the early versions of the M indicate that they are based on the functionality of the outgoing I series.

I am currently running v4.61.400 220817 (pre installed at delivery)
Latest version on UK portal is v4.61.410 221123 (as of today 27/04/23)

However:
Version as detailed on this thread v4.63.000 230412 appears on the M series product page and the
EU portal but not UK
Incidentally the EU shows three newer versions than the one I have currently installed, v4.61.410, v4.61.420 and v4.63.000

Just a couple of quick questions.
Is it normal for the UK download portal to lag behind?
Would you upgrade to the latest version on the UK portal or the EU?

I am currently running v4.61.400 220817 (pre installed at delivery)
Latest version on UK portal is v4.61.410 221123 (as of today 27/04/23)

However:
Version as detailed on this thread v4.63.000 230412 appears on the M series product page and the
EU portal but not UK
Incidentally the EU shows three newer versions than the one I have currently installed, v4.61.410, v4.61.420 and v4.63.000

Just a couple of quick questions.
Is it normal for the UK download portal to lag behind?
Would you upgrade to the latest version on the UK portal or the EU?
From the message on the uk portal - Hikvision are saying that only the product page will be up to date.

If you need to be able to switch notifications off/on from the app I wouldn’t recommend updating. On the plus side the new version allows you to filter playback for AcuSense.

I got a further e mail back from support (also called Kyle) and he confirmed my suspicion that alarm inputs were searchable on the I series (I was beginning to doubt my memory), but the operation had been changed for the M. I find that a little strange as the release notes for the early versions of the M indicate that they are based on the functionality of the outgoing I series.
So, Hikvision HQ has reported back to say they believe the alarm inputs should be searchable from the 4.61 versions, and have asked if you have tried unbinding / re-adding the NVR to the Hik-Connect account since updating to the latest firmware - can I check whether you have tried this, please, and I'll feed back?

They're also looking at the bell button bug, and I'd expect this one to be fixed soon.
Strangely, I noticed that this button disappeared completely when I changed the Hik-Connect protocol to version 3.0!
But it was there in 2.0 and definitely doesn't work properly.

So, Hikvision HQ has reported back to say they believe the alarm inputs should be searchable from the 4.61 versions, and have asked if you have tried unbinding / re-adding the NVR to the Hik-Connect account since updating to the latest firmware - can I check whether you have tried this, please, and I'll feed back?
No I haven't unbound the unit from Hik-Connect as it shouldn't have any effect on the alarm inputs being searchable in local playback? What they told me is that they were searchable on the I series as I had thought; but on the M they're not (unless you go into file management). Alarm inputs that are connected directly to a camera are but not those on the NVR. This is what I was told:

"After testing we can confirm the issue 1 [the Hik-Connect bell icon issue] can be replicated on outside and we'll feedback this issue.

In regards to issue 2, we will feedback this as a request but this is due to the source.As the source for alarm input shows as alarm input on the recorder even after you've assigned the camera when you search this method it comes back as no results as the Camera isn't the source for the alarm input. If the camera had an alarm input which triggered it would show in this option.

To search for the alarm input events, you will need to go to File Management> Event> Alarm Input.
You will notice when you search from this method it will show source as local."

"The I-series seems when you search it just looks for alarms that are linked with this channel, however, the M-series is looking for the original Source but as the original source is Local>(x) instead of Camera x this is what is causing no results to be found. File management searches via the Local(x) which works fine on the M-series".

They're also looking at the bell button bug, and I'd expect this one to be fixed soon.
Strangely, I noticed that this button disappeared completely when I changed the Hik-Connect protocol to version 3.0!
But it was there in 2.0 and definitely doesn't work properly.
Switching to protocol 3.0 also removes the Event, Human, Vehicle filter that 4.63.000 adds

No I haven't unbound the unit from Hik-Connect as it shouldn't have any effect on the alarm inputs being searchable in local playback?
Sorry, for some reason I completely forgot this was WRT the local menu when reading their reply, but I've probably also confused them by not making this clear too... I'll explain again.
But the response you got definitely makes more sense, and it's good to know that (the other) Kyle is feeding that back - I'll request the same, as it should work like the I Series!

I've been told that the broken alarm icon has been noted and should be fixed in the next firmware update, which should be released next month.

I've been told that the broken alarm icon has been noted and should be fixed in the next firmware update, which should be released next month.
Thanks @Kyle. I never bothered to downgrade in the end and just put up with the notifications for now, so it's good it'll get sorted.

No worries :) if I spot it before you (unlikely), I'll follow up with a link to the new firmware.

Switching to protocol 3.0 also removes the Event, Human, Vehicle filter that 4.63.000 adds
I got some feedback this week from Hikvision. So its not actually been rolled out yet and not fully functional. So seems a bit stupid adding it into newer firmwares. Should have just left it out.

I also asked them what its actual function/purpsose will be. And strangely, they are not able to dicuss it at this time ‍♂️

Back