01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware M series V4.63.025_231201 available

On playback mine will start from today not yesterday as in the last firmware version did. I think will check tomorrow.
I notice the image settings in display menu now have a far greater effect. Before the saturation slider did very little on my 2cd2387g2.

On playback mine will start from today not yesterday as in the last firmware version did. I think will check tomorrow.
Just checked mine and the behaviour is the same as previous versions; once a camera is selected, it will start playback on the day that was selected for playback during the previous playback session. It may be that you saw it start from 'today' because the reboot that followed the firmware update cleared the memory of the previous playback session (just a guess)

I notice the image settings in display menu now have a far greater effect. Before the saturation slider did very little on my 2cd2387g2.
I've always used the web browser rather than the local display, so I can't be sure. I find those sliders a bit pointless in that there appear to be only 10 points, not 100 (at least that's the case for contrast). Default is 50. You'll see a change when you drop to 49 but no further change until you reach 39.

I have just upgraded the firmware to 4.63.025 and now I can't log into the NVR from Windows 11 using the Edge browser! (local components installs on boot up)

I can see the NVR in the SDAP tool and see my cameras in the Hik connect app.

I type in the IP address in my browser and nothing happens, I rebooted my computer, the NVR and the router and no difference?

Any ideas?

With this latest version 4.63.025 it seems Western Digital drives are no longer detected by menu item "Maintenance/HDD Operation/Health Detection". They were detected in prior versions.

Attachments

• IMG_3653.jpeg
    IMG_3653.jpeg
    384.6 KB · Views: 83
I upgraded to this version the other day and now I am unable to use video loss for any of my cameras with it saying “parameter error) when I try to enable video loss

I upgraded to this version the other day and now I am unable to use video loss for any of my cameras with it saying “parameter error) when I try to enable video loss

Hi @x1nexus ... I have a DS-7616NI-M2/16P that I upgraded to firmware version 4.63.025 also...

I use the video loss function on all my cameras... to test, I disabled video loss on a camera and then re-enabled it... seemed to work fine... then I unplugged that camera from the NVR.... I got the video signal loss exception alert right away... plugged the camera back in and all is good.

So, I don't think the problem you are having is related to the new firmware.

Hello again @x1nexus ... when I tested, I was working on the NVR directly...

I checked again using web browser access to the NVR and there is a problem... even though I know video loss is enabled on the channel, the web browser menu item shows it as disabled and if I try to change it to enabled, I get "Incorrect parameter" when I try to save the change.

So, something is wrong... I tried clearing the browser cache and cookies but that did not help.

Hello again @x1nexus ... when I tested, I was working on the NVR directly...

I checked again using web browser access to the NVR and there is a problem... even though I know video loss is enabled on the channel, the web browser menu item shows it as disabled and if I try to change it to enabled, I get "Incorrect parameter" when I try to save the change.

So, something is wrong... I tried clearing the browser cache and cookies but that did not help.
Hello, Thanks a lot for trying this yourself to see if you are facing the same issue as me.

And yes I am facing the issue when I try to access my nvr through a web browser as I do not have my nvr connected to a monitor

Interesting that when you accessed your nvr with your monitor you was able to turn video loss on and it is working as it should. I think I will connect my nvr to a monitor so I can enable video loss and then hopefully in the near future hikvision release a new update so you can change the settings from the nvrs web interface as well.

Thanks again for your help

I suspect that the video loss function is enabled on your system already.... the web browser is showing it as disabled even if it is enabled.

I also tried changing the similar "video tampering detection" function on the web browser and that worked fine.

I suspect that the video loss function is enabled on your system already.... the web browser is showing it as disabled even if it is enabled.

I also tried changing the similar "video tampering detection" function on the web browser and that worked fine.
Yes it seems both our systems are acting the exact same as my video tampering detection works fine on my web interface as well.

I will try my video loss tomorrow but It seems that this is the case that it is actually enabled and it is just the web client showing it as disabled when it is enabled

@x1nexus I have just observed the same behaviour too.

Also still having the problem with multiple M series devices on various firmwares, that if I specify the login details on Hik-Connect App for "Configure DDNS" live view works fine, but playback just buffers indefinitely.

Tried opening additional ports on firewalls, but still same behaviour. Removing login details from "Configure DDNS" or closing port 8000 on the firewall allows playback to work. I series and K series do not have this problem. If setup as 'Local Device' it also works fine for playback (but without the smart playback bar).

Very odd indeed, and feels like a bit of a regression when these models are supposedly the latest models we should now be installing.

@x1nexus I have just observed the same behaviour too.

Also still having the problem with multiple M series devices on various firmwares, that if I specify the login details on Hik-Connect App for "Configure DDNS" live view works fine, but playback just buffers indefinitely.

Tried opening additional ports on firewalls, but still same behaviour. Removing login details from "Configure DDNS" or closing port 8000 on the firewall allows playback to work. I series and K series do not have this problem. If setup as 'Local Device' it also works fine for playback (but without the smart playback bar).

Very odd indeed, and feels like a bit of a regression when these models are supposedly the latest models we should now be installing.
Yep, From the amount of issues everyone seems to have from a number of different firmware versions hikvision have released it really does seem that they do not bother to test there new firmware much before making it an official release.

And as johnfitzy suspected my video loss is still turned on and working despite the nvr web interface saying it is switched off, I have also noticed that when I go onto settings such as line cross once a min/max box has been drawn and I save it the box will not go away even if I remove it and then save the changes

However I have now connected my nvr to a monitor and my video loss shows as being switched on for all my cams and the issue with the min/max boxes does not happen when I change the settings with my nvr directly

Yep, From the amount of issues everyone seems to have from a number of different firmware versions hikvision have released it really does seem that they do not bother to test there new firmware much before making it an official release.

And as johnfitzy suspected my video loss is still turned on and working despite the nvr web interface saying it is switched off, I have also noticed that when I go onto settings such as line cross once a min/max box has been drawn and I save it the box will not go away even if I remove it and then save the changes

However I have now connected my nvr to a monitor and my video loss shows as being switched on for all my cams and the issue with the min/max boxes does not happen when I change the settings with my nvr directly
I am glad it is working on the local interface with monitor. Almost all of my installs have the NVR in a rack cabinet, and so no monitor is attached ordinarily as I manage them remotely. I suppose it will be another few months before we get another update, and wonder what it will break next. The most annoying thing is not being able to safely/easily revert to the older firmwares again when issues like this occur.

I am glad it is working on the local interface with monitor. Almost all of my installs have the NVR in a rack cabinet, and so no monitor is attached ordinarily as I manage them remotely. I suppose it will be another few months before we get another update, and wonder what it will break next. The most annoying thing is not being able to safely/easily revert to the older firmwares again when issues like this occur.
I agree. Since hikvision do not seem to test there firmware before they officially release it the least they could do is allow users to downgrade to early firmwares more easily as it is very frustrating upgrading to a new firmware and finding out it has broken a number of things that you can not fix it without waiting months for them to release a new firmware version.

I ran a long hdmi cable and usb extension from where my nvr is to my monitor that I use with my pc so since all is working fine on the nvr directly with no issues I think I am going to leave upgrading my nvr and cams to newer versions for a while now as it seems they do more bad than good

I agree. Since hikvision do not seem to test there firmware before they officially release it the least they could do is allow users to downgrade to early firmwares more easily as it is very frustrating upgrading to a new firmware and finding out it has broken a number of things that you can not fix it without waiting months for them to release a new firmware version.

I ran a long hdmi cable and usb extension from where my nvr is to my monitor that I use with my pc so since all is working fine on the nvr directly with no issues I think I am going to leave upgrading my nvr and cams to newer versions for a while now as it seems they do more bad than good
Agreed! It is a fine line between security vs functionality (or loss thereof).. not helped by the fact that release notes are not always provided.

Back