01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware Latest HikVision Firmware for M-Series NVRs (with 5.0 GUI) - V5.01.060_240110

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm late to the party with 5.02.000, I've been away on holiday.

I lost two of my cameras temporarily on reboot following update. They were the two cameras that are connected to the PoE ports but manually configured (not plug and play). That solved the mystery of everything being greyed out when clicking edit and the inability to switch between plug and play/manual when needed. The fix was to go to Device Access > Device Configuration > PoE Settings and turn off 'Network Camera Plug and Play' for those two channels, then go to Device Access > Channel - the two missing devices then appear in the 'Online Device List' at the bottom of the page. Using the Quick Add reconnected them in the correct positions. So it seems that's the new way to add manually - Plug and Play must be disabled for the individual channel first which makes sense. This should also prevent a manually configured camera being wiped, by connecting it to a Plug and Play configured port when the passwords match (which was too easy to do previously)

• Playback stutter not fixed
  • Reversed mouse scroll wheel not fixed
Something else I've noticed that's an issue on V5. The bell icon in the upper right shows the number of events, 7 for example. Clicking it should open a page showing those 7 events listed for viewing. However clicking it just opens Event Center with a box displaying 'No alarms' and simply removes the number badge from the bell icon. It looks like you need to individually select the event types in the filter for them to be listed. However that only works for events that occur while you have the Event Center page open; if you're on Live View and click the bell it will not show the events that it is displaying a number for which make that icon a bit pointless.

Last edited:
I’ve noticed that the time for the timeline to load during Hik-Connect playback has worsened for me since this update. I’ve just tried playback while on 5G mobile data; I’ve waited a full minute with playback streaming and it’s still showing ‘loading’ with no timeline. It’s unusable

Edit: Working a little better but still slow to load timeline. It used to be virtually instant.

Last edited:
I’ve noticed that the time for the timeline to load during Hik-Connect playback has worsened for me since this update. I’ve just tried playback while on 5G mobile data; I’ve waited a full minute with playback streaming and it’s still showing ‘loading’ with no timeline. It’s unusable
I have just tried playback on my iPhone using WIFI and playback is working normally however using 4G I am getting the following message:

"Device decoding timed out. Check the device network connection"

At the bottom of the product page for my DS-7608NI-M2/8P on hikvision.com:
https://www.hikvision.com/uk/produc...&position=1&hiksearch=true#download-agreement
Firmware_V5.02.000_240229

"
firmware-info-icon.svg
For better user experience, we highly recommend you to update your device to the latest firmware asap."

Bit of a joke really.

Ok so here's another bug (or intended change of use as Hikvision will term it) with the V5 firmware. While in Space Rule playback (smart search) the lower toolbar does not appear when hovering over the lower part of the video, so the following are unavailable:
  • Digital zoom
  • Snip (for export)
  • Tag
  • File lock
  • Mute/unmute audio
There are so many issues now with this firmware that I can't imagine them being resolved.

Just to pour oil on the fire, but mainly for your interest, here's a link to some new PR on NVR5:
Hikvision NVR 5.0 enhances product experience

Sharing because, well IMO, Hikvision never really trailed this update / said what it SHOULD deliver.

Also, the NVR section of Hikvision's global website now shows a NVR5 strongly front & centre:
Network Video Recorders

Hikvision NVR5 14-3-24.png

We will contact Hikvision UK Tech Support again today, and see whether we can get any useful information on fix version releases coming soon.
I am not optimistic - there seems to be a bit of a disconnect between UK Tech and HQ :(

Typically, a forum user here will spot an update in the wild before we can get any useful information, sorry, we try / we ask ...

Attachments

• Poster-NVR-5.0.jpg
    Poster-NVR-5.0.jpg
    602.9 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Another day, another bug. I'm not sure where the issue lies with this one but it's new
Just to pour oil on the fire, but mainly for your interest, here's a link to some new PR on NVR5:
Hikvision NVR 5.0 enhances product experience

Sharing because, well IMO, Hikvision never really trailed this update / said what it SHOULD deliver.

Also, the NVR section of Hikvision's global website now shows a NVR5 strongly front & centre:
Network Video Recorders

View attachment 10733

We will contact Hikvision UK Tech Support again today, and see whether we can get any useful information on fix version releases coming soon.
I am not optimistic - there seems to be a bit of a disconnect between UK Tech and HQ :(

Typically, a forum user here will spot an update in the wild before we can get any useful information, sorry, we try / we ask ...

The Security Event
30th April to 2nd May
Birmingham NEC
Stand 5/J110

Maybe ask them to demonstrate a few features....

Please see new Thread on V5.02 here:

Please keep that thread clean, and useful to those who can help you resolve the issues.

If you need to vent / rant, then I'm going to leave this thread open for now ...

Please see new Thread on V5.02 here:

Please keep that thread clean, and useful to those who can help you resolve the issues.

If you need to vent / rant, then I'm going to leave this thread open for now ...
@Phil - Partially on topic, I'd wondered yesterday if there was a way of a poster locking a thread/article so that it doesn't get diluted with unnecessary or unrelated content or whether that's restricted to admins? This might be useful for a list of known (and confirmed rather than assumed) bugs for a specific product. Also maybe a master latest firmware thread (new firmware versions are often reported under a thread titled for a previous version)

Yes, only the admins can lock threads.
It's often hard to know when is the right moment to do so ...
e.g. things change and it can be useful to add to an old thread that the fix that works now is to do XYZ.

Off-topic is an issue.
We can (and do) move off-topic Posts to their own new threads.
[There is a cluster of Posts on V5 thread pending me doing exactly this right now - topic was NXI / thread was hijacked for I-series IIRC.]

Sticking to proven facts / quality Posts is an issue.

Typically, we let a lot of stuff slide, for the sake of not being over-zealous admins, and allowing people freedom to seek help / say what they see.

Obviously, for the newly added thread on V5.02 firmware we will be zealots ;)
It needs to be a very high quality thread that gets a vital message to Hik Support.

Agreed on the 'Latest Firmware' problem.
We recognise the problem, but have not yet thought-through how to make it better.
This forum software probably has something, or something can be added.

I think that changes that Hikvision have recently made to where the firmware can be found have made this a more pressing issue.
As you know, links to the UK / EU portals used to suffice.
Then 'the latest' was being added at the product pages (an EU requirement, I believe).
Right now, it's all a bit confused.

Forum members are great at spotting new releases - we just need a better method of 'surfacing latest to the top' or whatever.

I've also toyed with the idea of providing more of an archive here, because we see messages along the lines of "can no longer find Version x.

We will ponder a little more ...

Thanks

Interesting observation there in in Australia, they made v5 of the software available about a week ago, but just noticed it’s been removed and the latest available for download is v4.61.430 again.

So hopefully acknowledgement that current v5 is not fit for deployment.

So hopefully acknowledgement that current v5 is not fit for deployment.

I think it varies based on individual situation/usage... some have had trouble getting cameras to connect so that's a definite showstopper for them... seems like everyone has stuttering playback in Hik-connect... that may or may not be a major issue depending on how much you rely on that... it does seem like V5.0 should have been released as a beta version... overall, I'm happy with V5.0, I just hope some issues get corrected sooner rather than later:)

Hi Guys,

Wondering if anyone has a fix for trying to add my KV6113Wpe1(C) doorbell to my 7608NI-M2 NVR.

All working fine on my hik connect app however when trying to add it to my nvr to playback i keep getting “Device Type Mismatch”
IMG_9539.jpeg

Could this be the IOT port 30999?
Is this necessary when adding Door or Indoor stations on NVR and How could someone set this?
Door and indoor are added as IOT devices, but there are no options for playback and settings
Mine looks like this:

Attachments

• iot_port.png
    iot_port.png
    27.1 KB · Views: 33
  • device_access_switch_.png
    device_access_switch_.png
    41.1 KB · Views: 35
  • invalid_operation_.png
    invalid_operation_.png
    36.4 KB · Views: 37
Wondering if anyone has a fix for trying to add my KV6113Wpe1(C) doorbell to my 7608NI-M2 NVR.

New M series firmware 5.02.005 build 240318 available at Global EN site...

DS-7616NI-M2/16P

also, on UK site

Fixes the stuttering Hik-connect playback, maybe it will fix your doorbell connection issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back