01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware NVR5 firmware for the Hikvision M-series NVRs - V5.02 Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Administrator
Staff member
Trusted Member
I am pleased to feed back that we now have fresh Hikvision UK Tech Support eyes on the issues with V5 firmware.
We have their attention.

If you followed this earlier thread on the V5 firmware, then like me you were probably getting quite fed-up with the issues and seeming lack of progress.

Here is a link to the Hikvision UK web page for the M-series / Ultra series NVRs:
Ultra Series

Select your product and you should currently see the appropriate V5.02 firmware download link.

I have attached the Release Notes.

I have been told:

1. The previously identified bugs in version 5.0 have been addressed.

2. Support for integrating IP speakers

3. Improve the disarm/arm mechanism

I want you to assume that Hikvision UK Tech Support ARE reading this thread, and would like you to provide very full & thorough response Posts of any issues that remain with your system after upgrading to V5.02.

Please don't create a list of complaints - it won't help.
Please provide detailed feedback of the issues that you are still seeing.
Please provide enough detail to enable tests to be performed by A N Other to replicate what you are seeing.
Please keep this on-topic (M-series only - if you need other threads for V5 issues with other NVR series, please Post here and let me know [keep it short, because I will delete, then create another thread].
Please feel free to create a placeholder Post e.g. Post first to say "let me give the details on the timeline issues / or Hik-Connect issues or whatever (just to prevent multiple members drafting lots of words on the same topics / issues). If you are a member with many past Posts then you are able to edit your own Posts.

Realistically, we can't expect any action / responses until next week - you have time to craft detailed descriptions, add screenshots, etc.

Our team will check-in with Hikvision UK Tech Support and ensure that they understand and are investigating.

V5 has great potential, let's hope we can see some progress towards resolution of the issues,

Thanks

Attachments

• NVR_V5.02.000_build2402290_Release_Notes 15-3-24.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 94
I installed V5.02.000 build 240229 on my DS-7608NI-M2/8P and I have two issues.
1 The NVR did not recognise one of my cameras, saying either No Device or IP camera does not exist. Ironically, the camera is the only Hikvision one that I have so far (DS-2CD2387G2H-LISU/SL). Rebooting it did not work. SADP listed the camera with the correct IP address and gateway. I used SADP to change the IP address but the NVR still did not recognise the camera, although SADP , and my router, did. I was able to add the camera manually but I had to use Remote Configuration to add the DNS server, which had gone missing, before it connected. I can't delete, or edit, the old listing for the camera so I appear to have five cameras but only four of them work.
2 Live View does not work on my PC. I removed the old (LocalServiceComponents) add-in and installed the new one (WebPlugins) but the cameras are not displayed. (LiveView does work on the HDMI port.)

I should say that I tried rebooting the NVR and the PC.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-17 192920.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-17 192920.png
    43 KB · Views: 45
  • Screenshot 2024-03-17 192959.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-17 192959.png
    33.5 KB · Views: 41
I reset the NVR to default and all the cameras are connected and properly identified. But when I was connecting them the NVR assumed that cameras 3-4 had the same password as camera 1. So I accessed cameras 3-4 via their IP addresses and changed their passwords to match and everything was OK.
LiveView still doesn't work with the new addin in MS Edge browser.

These are just changes in the way the cameras are set up on the new UI and are not bugs in the firmware.

1 The NVR did not recognise one of my cameras, saying either No Device or IP camera does not exist. Ironically, the camera is the only Hikvision one that I have so far (DS-2CD2387G2H-LISU/SL). Rebooting it did not work. SADP listed the camera with the correct IP address and gateway. I used SADP to change the IP address but the NVR still did not recognise the camera, although SADP , and my router, did. I was able to add the camera manually but I had to use Remote Configuration to add the DNS server, which had gone missing, before it connected. I can't delete, or edit, the old listing for the camera so I appear to have five cameras but only four of them work.
NVR PoE connected cameras and LAN connected cameras are added differently now. Any manually configured camera (not plug and play) whether on the LAN or connected to the NVR PoE ports has to have Plug and Play switched off under:

Device Access > Device Configuration > PoE Settings - 'Network Camera Plug and Play'

(So you can do that for your 'ghost' camera that can't be deleted). Manually configured cameras can be then added in:

Device Access > Device > Video Device using 'Add' or the 'Online Device List'
the NVR assumed that cameras 3-4 had the same password as camera 1. So I accessed cameras 3-4 via their IP addresses and changed their passwords to match and everything was OK.
PoE connected cameras will use the NVR admin password or channel default password if different.

Also looks like the option of full screen on motion has disappeared? Cant see this being a removed feature as its a brilliant feature?

isn't that just a pop up on the corner of the screen saying theres an event? Sorry i might be wrong.
You might be right. Further up this thread or in another I said that when you click the number in the top right corner of the monitor screen, on the old firmware you would have seen a list of the events whereas on V5 there's nothing listed - I though that was a bug - it's not...

It turns out that 'Alarm Pop Up Window' enables the display of that particular event in the event list when you click the bell icon with number indicator. So previously on V4 you could only enable/disable the events that appeared in that list globally by type (motion, line, alarm input etc). On V5 if you want the event to appear in that list (along with a capture of the trigger in the preview pane beneath it), you have to enable 'Alarm Pop Up Window' on the individual event's action.

So yes you're right - it looks as though full screen monitoring got removed (though it may be hidden away in some random menu). My bad.

I wasn't getting any pop-up's until I noticed this checkbox:

IMG_3841.jpeg

I'm rebooting the NVR now... curious to see if it stays checked...

Yes, the "Alarm Pop-Up Window" checkbox stays checked (if it was checked before re-boot) ... when you get a pop-up window, there is an option there to select the number of seconds until the pop-up windows closes automatically:

IMG_3840.jpeg

It all seems to work pretty well.

Also looks like the option of full screen on motion has disappeared? Cant see this being a removed feature as its a brilliant feature?

I think in V4.0 the full screen view showed the live view... that seemed to make more sense? The V5.0 pop-up window is showing the event picture and the event recording ready to be replayed, but it does not start playing automatically...

Yeah, i have a small monitor in my lounge, of an evening if there is any motion etc the screen would zoom in full screen to the camera with an event, this was an amazing feature in my eyes

This "Camera Remote Configuration" is a new setting... I'm certain because it was not there when I took a screenshot back in January... I wonder what it's for?

Screenshot 2024-03-21 060636.png
Screenshot 2024-01-24 011800.png

Naturally, I've turned it right on :)

Is anyone else getting this? Doorbell is the WPE1(C)

I'm not familiar with these doorbells but until someone qualified comes along... Is there a chance it should be added as an "Access Control Device" rather than a "Video Device"? I wonder if you remove it, would it then show up in the list of "Online Devices" here:

Screenshot 2024-03-21 065756.png

Using an EZVIZ DB1 Pro 5MP on an M2 with 5.02 firmware, it's working fine. The only difference I have in settings is the transfer protocol set to AUTO.

Also noticed, I have an extra button next to the Protocol box with "Protocol Management", are you on the latest firmware ?

Ahhh, you're using the Add screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back