01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware New V5.2.006 Firmware for M and NXI series NVRs to fix a newly declared vulnerability [CVE-2024-29949] - 2nd April 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Administrator
Staff member
Trusted Member
Hikvision have today publicly declared a vulnerability with some NVR models and released new firmware to fix the issue.

A detailed statement can be found here:
Security Vulnerabilities in Hikvision NVR Devices

The new V5.2.006 [240328] firmware can be downloaded from our use-IP Google Drive here (93.1MB):
Google Drive - Virus scan warning
{Testing this e.g. keeping a copy on OUR Google Drive; Pros - we retain a copy of all historic versions; Cons - the virus warning that Google add makes it seem untrustworthy. Surprisingly, the file download seems no faster than direct from Hikvision}

Or from Hikvision's product page for an affected NVR here (scroll to the very bottom):

CVE-2024-29949 - Affected Versions and Fixes:
Versions after V5.00.000 (including V5.00.000) and before V5.02.006(not including V5.02.006)

DS-76xxNI-Mx
DS-77xxNI-Mx
DS-96xxxNI-Mxx

DS-76xxNXI-Ix
DS-77xxNXI-Ix
DS-86xxNXI-Ix
DS-96xxNXI-Ix

iDS-76xxNXI-Mx
iDS-77xxNXI-Mx
iDS-96xxxMXI-Mxx

Versions after V5.00.000 (including V5.00.000) and before V5.01.070(not including V5.01.070)
DS-7604NI-M1/4P

Hikvision recommends users set up complex device passwords to mitigate the possibility of the above vulnerabilities being exploited.

The declaration lists a couple of other 7604 models as being affected @Dan is in contact with Hikvision UK Tech Support to track down links for the new firmware for those models.

Last edited:
My Forum Post 5,001!

I just want to add to this thread that V5 is giving our team a heck of a lot of Support queries to deal with :(

Just for a start-off it has completely changed how you add cameras to your NVR; new options, new screens, new things to set / unset..
And, about 50% of users are finding that when they update their Hikvision NVR to V5 it disconnects their cameras from their NVR, and unsurprisingly they have no idea how to get them to re-connect via the new method / V5 user-interface.
Hence, we are doing a lot of one-to-one guidance, and quickly learning on the job.

For Hikvision's V5 NVR firmware and GUI, our 'How To' tutorials and Megathread guide are no longer relevant :(
We will, of course create new tutorials that apply to these new methods / the new user-interface (it's a lot of work).
We see that as an urgent priority, but we're currently doing lots of fire-fighting with puzzled customers.

Via this thread we have told them that they should update (to be secure against a declared vulnerability).
They do so, and their system stops working - Grrr!

went away for a few days... what the heck is going on.... loaded .006 all good

UPDATE: Hikvision support has shared the below fixed firmware versions with us for the DS-7604NI-K1/4P(B) and DS-7604NXI-K1/4P NVR.

DS-7604NI-K1/4P(B) - V4.30.096_240313

Attachments

• NVR_K74_BL_ML_STD_V4.30.096_240313.zip
    28.7 MB · Views: 37
We are having some issues with the DS-7604NXI-K1/4P firmware file.

We will update you when we have resolved this issue.

UPDATE: Hikvision support has shared the below fixed firmware versions with us for the DS-7604NI-K1/4P(B) and DS-7604NXI-K1/4P NVR.

DS-7604NI-K1/4P(B) - V4.30.096_240313
Hi dan,

Do you have an idea what is the difference with nvr-k74-bl-ml-std-v4.30.096-221220 for the ds7604ni-k1/4p (b)?

Hi dan,

Do you have an idea what is the difference with nvr-k74-bl-ml-std-v4.30.096-221220 for the ds7604ni-k1/4p (b)?
Never mind, misread the earlier notification, i now see that this version was part of the vulnerability announcements

Reactions: Dan
Newer build of firmware V5.02.006 build 240407 available on US and Global EN product pages for DS-7616NI-M2/16P (not on UK page):

DS-7616NI-M2/16P

Also new Hik-Connect V6.2.51 (for iPhone) available today.

I have loaded both... don't expect to see any changes but I will report if I notice anything different.

Newer build of firmware V5.02.006 build 240407 available on US and Global EN product pages for DS-7616NI-M2/16P (not on UK page):

DS-7616NI-M2/16P

Also new Hik-Connect V6.2.51 (for iPhone) available today.

I have loaded both... don't expect to see any changes but I will report if I notice anything different.
You noticed anything with playback in hik connect?

Mine has gone painfully slow after this update at loading the timeline.

Build 240407 now on UK site for M2/8P. Be warned though after upgrading to this my ability to use a switch to one key arm/disarm has stopped working. I’ve had a play about but when Quick Disarming is selected on alarm port 1 it seems to stop the relay working completely even with a simple short across the ports. Relay still works in process alarm input mode though.

Apologies for a second post I’ve spent all day testing and figured out that it does still work as a switch disarm but has changed its functionality. I’m not sure how it works without live guard however if you have the Hik-Connect app and therefore ability to arm/disarm camera strobe and siren it now works as a traditional switch. In the last few firmwares shorting and unshorting once would set or unset and the app would reflect this and a second would restore the state.

In the very latest build the arm/disarm now relies on the app to be armed permanently and this display never changes. If you select NO then as expected when open the alarm conditions go off as expected. When the alarm input is shorted and whichever linkage are selected on the NVR will disarm but again nothing in the Hik-Connect app will change it will still show as armed. As soon as the alarm input to ground connected is broken it will return to fully armed.

Hope that all makes sense and I may be saying things that everyone already knew but hopefully it’s helpful to someone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back