01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware Latest HikVision Firmware for M-Series NVRs (with 5.0 GUI) - V5.01.060_240110

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

Administrator
Staff member
Trusted Member
Update 25th January 2024 - Please read to the end of this thread BEFORE updating your NVR (it may be wise to wait for subsequent updated versions to be released)

Hikvision has announced new firmware for their M-Series Network Video Recorders - V5.01.060_240110

This firmware brings the new 5.0 GUI to the M-series NVRs (DS-76xx/77xx/96xxNI-M2/M4/M8/M16).

The Release Notes are attached.

Firmware can currently be found via this NVR product page (this is specifically a 7732NI-M4 model, but the firmware is the same for all 76/77 M-series NVRs).

Reason of Upgrade

User interface innovation. Add new features and optimize product performance.

New features

1.【New User Interface of Local Output】
2.【New User Interface of Web】
3.【Support Smart Search Function】
4.【Support Slice Playback Function】
5.【Support Event Center】
6.【Support Device Group Management】
7.【Support Auto-Switch for Custom View】

Below are the NVR models that support this firmware version:

DS-7608NI-M2
DS-7608NI-M2/8P
DS-7616NI-M2
DS-7616NI-M2/16P
DS-7716NI-M4
DS-7716NI-M4/16P
DS-7732NI-M4
DS-7732NI-M4/16P
DS-7764NI-M4
DS-9616NI-M8
DS-9616NI-M8/R
DS-9632NI-M16
DS-9632NI-M16/R
DS-9632NI-M8
DS-9632NI-M8/R
DS-9664NI-M16
DS-9664NI-M16/R
DS-9664NI-M8
DS-9664NI-M8/R
DS-96128NI-M8
DS-96128NI-M8/R
DS-96128NI-M16
DS-96128NI-M16/R

Attachments

• releasenote_NVR_V5.01.060_build240110_Release_Notes.pdf
    2.3 MB · Views: 163
Last edited by a moderator:
UPDATE - We've managed to update our DS-7608NI-M2/8P NVR to this new firmware and so far the new 5.0 GUI looks good.

Stylistically it looks like a mix of the existing 4.0 GUI and the Windows iVMS-4200 GUI.

The menu layout has changed quite a bit so we might be digging around for a bit trying to find certain settings.

If after updating there are any features/settings from earlier firmware that were broken and are now fixed or were fixed and now broken by this new firmware, please let us know so we can inform Hikvision support.

Screenshots of the new browser GUI are below:

Screenshot 2024-01-22 at 13.51.09.png

Screenshot 2024-01-22 at 14.04.03.png

Screenshot 2024-01-22 at 14.01.59.png

Screenshot 2024-01-22 at 14.02.30.png

Nice, ive just upgraded mine too.

First couple of things I picked up (these are direct on the device, not the web ui but the device UI)

When in live view, and you have all your cameras in a grid, when you mouse over any of the cameras, a pair of boxes come up over the camera with it's name, and then quick photo capture, mute zoom buttons etc. This never disappears - it used to time out and go to a clean live view, but there is always a pair of boxes over one of the cameras if that makes sense? If you double click on the camera with boxes on it to go full screen, and then double click to go back to the grid, the box does disappear.

PTZ - When double clicking a PTZ to go full screen, the PTZ controls used to appear and you could operate the camera. I don't see these at the moment, I open my PTZ and it's the same as any other camera. there are no buttons I can see either to active PTZ controls?

I can enable 3d positioning for the PTZ and move the camera that way, but no way of calling back your preset or manually moving.

That's all I picked up at the moment on first glance

Found the PTZ stuff, that's a bit convoluted.

From the live view grid (not sure about anyone else, but my live view runs in full screen so no options on the left hand side
You double click the camera you want to view to make it full screen
Then you have to right click, and exit full screen so the list of channels pops up on the left
At the very bottom is a PTZ option
Expand this and you get tot he PTZ controls (already way to many button presses to get there!)
At the VERY bottom of this PTZ option, you have 3 icons, Presets, Patrol and Pattern

You have to fully expand the PTZ option to be able to see the presets option, and that's worse that it used to be on the old version, the old version you had a little picture of exactly where your preset was pointing to, here you just have a name you can enter.

Poor show so far on PTZ control for me :(

Just upgraded DS-7616NI-M2/16P...

If you double click on the camera with boxes on it to go full screen, and then double click to go back to the grid, the box does disappear.
I see what you mean, would be nicer if the boxes would time out to give a clean view... they also are there and do not timeout while in the full screen view.

Found the PTZ stuff, that's a bit convoluted.
I agree with you regarding all your PTZ notes...

I have 3 EZ-Viz wireless cameras connected to the NVR... 2 of them are fine but the DB1C doorbell is not connecting... status shows "Certificate verification failed".

Under "Edit Device" on the NVR for the DB1C, I see there is a "Verify Certificate" button that is not checked?... tried checked/unchecked does not help... don't know if this was there in the V4.0 GUI.

I suspected there would be some sort of problem with the DB1C connection to the NVR before I upgraded... this doorbell has been connected to the NVR for about a year, but I have upgraded the DB1C firmware since then... at another site I was unsuccessful in connected a DB1C to an I series NVR a few months ago... I think the solution will be to load an older firmware on the doorbell at least to get it to connect... then maybe the newer firmware can be reloaded... or not? Anyway, I'll try to figure it out...

First bug found in playback:

Pause playback and use the mouse wheel for frame by frame. It's been reversed from what it's always been. Rolling the wheel forward would advance one frame and back would advance one I Frame. Now, rolling forward goes backward 1 I Frame and rolling backward advances one frame.

Next issue - remote playback on iPad

Hik Connect gets an alert as normal, click on the alert to playback the video and the content is very choppy, not watchable.

The "Event Center" bell icon at the top right corner of the local GUI.... previously if you set the filter to exclude an event such as "Generic Event/Motion" these events would not "count" on the bell icon... I'm going to be seeing 99+ in red up there most of the time now! Would rather just see "exceptional events" like line crossing count there as I was able to before.

The disarming configuration looks to be interesting (possibly). If you disarm in Hik-Connect a camera group, it enables the disarm in that menu. It looks as though it might be configurable so that when you disarm it just mutes the notification but I'd have to read up on the function.

Ive given up and regressed back to 4.63.025

P33d off with the few things I found already, the remote playback has killed it for me.

If anyone is thinking of upgrading, my advice is to backup your current system and make sure you still have your old firmware available before you do in case you want to go back.

Also, be aware that the regression forces you reformat your hard disk (what a PITA) so I have lost all my recordings now.

the remote playback has killed it for me.
Is that the choppy playback you're referring to as I'm not seeing it? My event clips are playing back just as smooth as always. Did you try anything else such as a shutdown and power down, rather than just a reboot?

Ive given up and regressed back to 4.63.025
Now we know we can rollback, if necessary, even if it's a PITA... thanks for that @rorton!

I don't use an iPad, but I can see how the remote playback issue you reported could be a showstopper. Going to check remote playback on iPhone Hik-Connect...

Is that the choppy playback you're referring to as I'm not seeing it? My event clips are playing back just as smooth as always. Did you try anything else such as a shutdown and power down, rather than just a reboot?
yeah, I tried rebooting after, still the same, it was a clip that had recorded on the new firmware, don't know if that makes a difference (I wasn't playing back anything from earlier today if you get me)

yeah, I tried rebooting after, still the same, it was a clip that had recorded on the new firmware, don't know if that makes a difference (I wasn't playing back anything from earlier today if you get me)
I'll have been looking at older events. Once I have some post upgrade ones I'll check again. I always prefer to do a full shutdown then power down if I see any issues. A reboot just restarts the NVR operating system but doesn't drop power to the PoE ports. Shutdown and physically removing power therefore also does a power down on PoE connected cameras.

Also are you on the latest Hik-Connect. My iOS NEVER auto updates Hik-Connect. I regularly search the app in the App Store and I get a link to open; I ignore that and click on the app to open it's page at which point 'open' becomes 'update' and I click that to manually update HK. I did that this morning and found there was an update three days ago (6.1.30.20240117.1)

I'll have been looking at older events. Once I have some post upgrade ones I'll check again. I always prefer to do a full shutdown then power down if I see any issues. A reboot just restarts the NVR operating system but doesn't drop power to the PoE ports. Shutdown and physically removing power therefore also does a power down on PoE connected cameras.
thanks - I don't have any cameras directly connected to the NVR, they are on various POE switches

Yep… event playback on iPhone Hik-Connect is choppy now… the old events before NVR update are still smooth…

I did shutdown/re-power the NVR after update, and I am running latest Hik-Connect v6.1.30 on iPhone...

The new events do playback smoothly on the NVR interface... this bug will probably be fixed with a Hik-Connect update?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back