01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware Latest HikVision Firmware for M-Series NVRs (with 5.0 GUI) - V5.01.060_240110

Status
Not open for further replies.
The comms to begin to resolve these issues are painful for us!
We have to do a lot of testing.
And then have to type long form, crystal clear, cannot be misunderstood, explanations of what we are seeing and why that's not right! :(

That is some heavy lifting... THANKS!!!

Just did "Factory Defaults" and formatted the drives... don't really think it will change anything but figure this way I know that's ruled out... had a bit of trouble finding "Enable Virtual Host"... it moved...

Screenshot 2024-01-24 011800.png

In the Live View screen on the NVR... if you select "Display VCA Info" from the pop-up menu at the bottom of the screen only the first 4 windows (I have 3 x 3 on my default view) will show VCA lines/information... if you go to another individual window say 7 and from its pop-up menu select "More/Show VCA Info" the following message appears...

View attachment 10459

I'm certain this was not the case in the 4.0 GUI... I've never used an AcuSense series NVR, but this seems like a limitation it might have? Confused...
It used to show it for all channels in the multiscreen, there was no limit. I don't use it but have confirmed I see the same on my DS-7616NI-M2/16P.

Playback timeline thumbnails have been all but stripped out. Just 12 or 13 on each timeline view

They're now limited to:
  • Every 2 hours on 24hr timeline
  • Every hour on 12hr timeline
  • Every 40 mins on 8hr timeline
  • and so on
  • Every minute on 10 minute timeline

It appears also that IOT application has been removed. Previously after adding an intercom, door station, access control or alarm, you could configure events specific to those devices. For instance I had an IoT alarm setting linking 'intercom event' on my KV6113 to actions on one of the cameras. Although the door station appears in 'Access Control Device' there is no interface to add alarm actions. Previously Opted and GJD detectors could be added.

Another issue. It doesn't appear to be possible to edit a channel:

Go to Device Access > Video Device then double click a channel 'POE 1' for example. All fields are populated but greyed out. I would be unable to change from Plug and Play to Manual in order to enter an IP address manually.

1. Smart Playback. To some extent Smart Playback has been merged with playback similar to GUI 4 EUI. Entering playback and clicking the Human or Vehicle icon populates all markers and immediately skips between those detection events. It's not quite the same as the 'skip normal videos' in the EUI GUI could be used as a toggle between continuous and event only playback, whereas here you just use the 'Human' button in the same manner. The issue there is that there's no 5 second lead in to the event.
  2. Space Rule. Disaster. Previously you'd click Space Rule > Line > Click the start and end point of your line and the markers would update to show those events. While viewing them you could click between smart and normal for continuous playback following the event (though clicking back to smart reset the playback position to midnight - a change on all versions after I series 4.40.017). With GUI 5 you click space rule to give an option of region or line. To use either instead of just clicking the mouse a couple of times to define the polygon or line, you have to fanny around precisely hovering the mouse over the line end point to move it into position then click search. It gets worse, far worse...if you click back to normal playback it plays continuous as you'd want; however if you then click back to space rule, your previously drawn region or line is gone and you have to start again.
I am very sad to read similar or exact issues with mine, on such expensive NVRs
I started to believe all my issues was a matter of price, but seems it is not
I paid just 220 euros for my ds-7608NXI-K2
I can't believe how much you all have paid for the M series

Understand - but don't forget, the M series came with Version 4, and it's been very stable on version 4 - we are talking about an enhancement to what we had purchased already. I still think the device is worth its money, but not when running v5 yet!

FWIW, on the laundry list of deficiencies, this is probably classified as "minor", but I'll throw it on the table anyway.

While troubleshooting a HDD #2 problem, I attempted to use the NVR's Diagnostic Facility. It didn't help. Attempts at exporting the diagnostic information failed as per the attached screen shot. I assume the facility would have downloaded / exported "something" vs failed. Anyway, just a heads up.

NVR Diagnose Info failed.jpg

It doesn't matter what model of NVR you have, it's the same bunch of doofuses writing the code....

On the other hand the performance and speed of the M series makes it worthwhile; with 8MP cameras bitrate maxed out there's no lag in operation. That's something that would have brought the I series to its knees.

I think there's a very good reason the new V5 firmware is only listed with the 7732NI-M4 model....Even though the firmware is shared by all model codes that use the same platform, clearly Hikvision are managing what models it's installed on. Many of us jumped the gun...I blame @Dan and @Phil haha

On the 4.0 GUI live view screen you could use the mouse wheel to go through the camera pages (or cycle through each individual camera if in single screen) ... this has been removed in the 5.0 GUI... now you have to use the arrows on the bottom pop-up menu to navigate through the cameras/pages...

IMG_3754.jpeg

On the 4.0 GUI live view screen you could use the mouse wheel to go through the camera pages (or cycle through each individual camera if in single screen) ... this has been removed in the 5.0 GUI... now you have to use the arrows on the bottom pop-up menu to navigate through the cameras/pages...

View attachment 10482
Hadn't noticed that - another step backwards

Hmmm... when you double click on a camera from the live screen to switch from for instance a 3X3 view to a single camera view the steam does not change from sub to main (if you had already changed the single camera view to sub manually). I think the 4.0 GUI worked like iVMS-4200 when set to "Auto-Change Stream Type"... the 5.0 GUI seems to remember the last setting and use it... not saying this is a bug but it seems to work differently.

After a re-boot the system seems to reconfigure the 3X3 stream types but not the single view stream types. I say "seems to" because I'm getting somewhat inconsistent results. I preferred the way the old GUI handled things.

Hmmm... when you double click on a camera from the live screen to switch from for instance a 3X3 view to a single camera view the steam does not change from sub to main (if you had already changed the single camera view to sub manually). I think the 4.0 GUI worked like iVMS-4200 when set to "Auto-Change Stream Type"... the 5.0 GUI seems to remember the last setting and use it... not saying this is a bug but it seems to work differently.

After a re-boot the system seems to reconfigure the 3X3 stream types but not the single view stream types. I say "seems to" because I'm getting somewhat inconsistent results. I preferred the way the old GUI handled things.
Yeah it's not working consistently. I always double click a cameo image from the multi to take it full screen and double click again to return. Sometimes it's switching sub > main > sub as it should and other times I'm left with a Main Stream cameo or a Sub Stream full screen.

Another bug to report....

Actually I've just gone through all of my 9 camera multiscreen from 9 to 1, switching each camera to full screen and back again. From camera 9 down to camera 2 they all worked correctly. It seems to be only camera 1 (which is the top left position of the multiscreen) that has the inconsistency and sometimes sticks on the wrong stream.

Last edited:
Yeah it's not working consistently. I always double click a cameo image from the multi to take it full screen and double click again to return. Sometimes it's switching sub > main > sub as it should and other times I'm left with a Main Stream cameo or a Sub Stream full screen.

Thanks for confirming... making myself loopy trying to figure it out!

6 of my cameras are DS-2387G2-LU... it does seem to happen more on the channel 4 camera, but I can't say for sure. I'm thinking maybe if I don't try to change the stream type manually at all after an NVR reboot it will work as it used to...

UPDATE - Before I tried to reboot, I tried to set the 3x3 windows to all sub stream... by the time I changed them, and without double clicking on any of them, some streams are changing back to main...

Last edited:
6 of my cameras are DS-2387G2-LU... it does seem to happen more on the channel 4 camera, but I can't say for sure. I'm thinking maybe if I don't try to change the stream type manually at all after an NVR reboot it will work as it used to...
I can't find a reason why for me it's camera 1 which is as DS-2387G2H-LU. I have three of those and also other G5 models so it's not down to the camera model. I wondered if it were down to the compression as I've some cameras that use H265 for main and H264 for sub stream, but again the channel is not unique in that regard.

I'm actually finding the double click action a bit flakey and I'm sometimes having to slow my finger click speed (rather than speed it up) to get the action to occur.

Double click action seems ok for me... nothing new, could be your specific mouse type is not as agreeable with the new GUI?

I don't think we can figure this live view/stream type inconsistency issue out any further for now... hopefully Hik-Vision will change something next release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back