01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware Latest HikVision Firmware for M-Series NVRs (with 5.0 GUI) - V5.01.060_240110

Status
Not open for further replies.
No difference to me, my DS-KB6003-WIP door bell still won't connect. I still get the "Certificate Verification Failed" message.

Playback still does not work either!

Last edited:
I still get the "Certificate Verification Failed" message.

Hi @flycop2000 ... I also still get that "Certificate Verification Failed" for US doorbell DS-HD2... have to connect it with RTSP instead... it does work with the latest US firmware:

Screenshot 2024-03-23 133856.png

So, I think going forward the US firmware will be different from the other regions? I think I had asked you before, and you said you were in the UK, so this probably doesn't explain the similar issue you are having... unless maybe your doorbell is a US region doorbell?

Hi @flycop2000 ... I also still get that "Certificate Verification Failed" for US doorbell DS-HD2... have to connect it with RTSP instead... it does work with the latest US firmware:

View attachment 10818

So, I think going forward the US firmware will be different from the other regions? I think I had asked you before, and you said you were in the UK, so this probably doesn't explain the similar issue you are having... unless maybe your doorbell is a US region doorbell?
My door Bell has US firmware (Clarecontrols firmware) I had problems with my bell when I got it a number of years ago. I purchased it from a UK vendor (Broadband Buyer) who's support dept directed me to install the Clarecontrols firmware which has worked for the past few years with no more problems until now!
I am unable to reinstall Hikvision firmware, when I go into the maintenance tab of the bell as the upgrade box is greyed out and wont do anything?
I have tried searching the clarecontrols web site for any update but came up a blank!

My door Bell has US firmware (Clarecontrols firmware) I had problems with my bell when I got it a number of years ago. I purchased it from a UK vendor (Broadband Buyer) who's support dept directed me to install the Clarecontrols firmware which has worked for the past few years with no more problems until now!
I am unable to reinstall Hikvision firmware, when I go into the maintenance tab of the bell as the upgrade box is greyed out and wont do anything?
I have tried searching the clarecontrols web site for any update but came up a blank!
I also had a problem also updating the firmware through the doorbell ip gui.

I downloaded a programme on my pc from the hik site which allowed me to manually upgrade the firmware, i cant remember what the programme was called. It wasnt SADP but something along those lines

Thinknit may have been SDK, i may be completely wrong tho - Device Network SDK_Win64

Last edited:
I have downloaded and installed the Batch Configuration program but how does it work?
I can't seem to find a way to reset the firmware of my door Bell?

The lower half of the screen shows 3 devices, one being the Door Bell but where do I go from here?

The lower half of the screen shows 3 devices, one being the Door Bell but where do I go from here?

Select the doorbell checkbox and hit the add button:

Screenshot 2024-03-24 085620.png

Enter username and password and the doorbell should show up as connected on the list at the top... then select the doorbell there and hit the upgrade button:

Screenshot 2024-03-24 085432.png

Then select local upgrade and chose the .dav firmware file you want to load...

Screenshot 2024-03-24 085503.png

Be careful which firmware you try to load!... I'm going to check now to see what I would try to load if it was mine...

Seems like this is the newest?...

https://www.hikvisioneurope.com/uk/...o Intercom/Wi-Fi DoorBell/v1.4.62 build180515

I think I might wait for someone familiar with the doorbell to chime in before I tried loading such old firmware... I can't imagine this firmware could work with the latest Hik-connect?!?!

Does it work with Hik-connect now? It might be best to just connect it to the NVR using RTSP instead?

Last edited:
I have just figured it out, easy peasy, No idea what I was doing wrong earlier? LOL!

Firmware upgraded but still showing as Clarecontrol, not Hikvision!

The upgrade file option is still greyed out in the maintenance tab though!

The same error message regarding the Certificate is still there.

I have got the doorbell working by going into my router settings and enabling RTSP pass through and changing the doorbell to Hikvision_RTSP

The doorbell also appears in the Hik connect phone App.

Is there a security issue with the Router RSTP passthrough being enabled?

I thought I read somewhere that this setting should be disabled as it presents a security risk? I don't know enough about Router / online security vulnerabilities?

I have got the doorbell working by going into my router settings and enabling RTSP pass through and changing the doorbell to Hikvision_RTSP

I don't think you need to enable RTSP pass through on the router... change that back and see if everything keeps working... it should!

I don't think you need to enable RTSP pass through on the router... change that back and see if everything keeps working... it should!
Your correct, still works after disabling RTSP pass through although the camera feed is a bit slower than the rest showing up on the computer screen and in the Hik connect App.

Hi people, I upgraded to V5.02.005 - Build 240318 from V4.61.430 - Build 231123 and I can not see 2 of my cameras. I have 18 cameras in all attached as plug-in-play. The 16 cameras that appear with no issues are genuine Hikvision cameras. The 2 that do not appear are cameras that used to work directly with the Hikvision protocole as plug-in-play using the previous firmware. I even tried to add them as ONVIF, but no success. I could roll back teh firmware, but prefer to keep this new one, so any ideas on how to add my cameras?

The 2 that do not appear are cameras that used to work directly with the Hikvision protocole as plug-in-play using the previous firmware.

Hi @imtiyazp ... then it seems like the V5.0 firmware is only allowing genuine Hikvision cameras to connect using the HIKVISION protocol... you could try adding them as HIKVISION_RTSP... disadvantages are the streams have a few second delay when loading and you won't be able to manage the camera settings from the NVR... I suppose events on these cameras would not work either. Not ideal, but if this is the way it is now, I don't imagine it will change in a future firmware update.

I've never used it, but it seems like the ONVIF protocol would provide more functionality than RTSP... did you have ONVIF enabled on the cameras when you tried to connect to the NVR that way?

Hi @imtiyazp ... then it seems like the V5.0 firmware is only allowing genuine Hikvision cameras to connect using the HIKVISION protocol... you could try adding them as HIKVISION_RTSP... disadvantages are the streams have a few second delay when loading and you won't be able to manage the camera settings from the NVR... I suppose events on these cameras would not work either. Not ideal, but if this is the way it is now, I don't imagine it will change in a future firmware update.

I've never used it, but it seems like the ONVIF protocol would provide more functionality than RTSP... did you have ONVIF enabled on the cameras when you tried to connect to the NVR that way?
Thank you for the swift reply. Yes, I could connect using HIKVISION_RTSP, but even if I set the event like line crossing directly on the camera, it is not picked up through the NVR, since it is only seeing the data stream. I have not tried ONVIF, as yet.

I am curious, why do you think Hikvision will only allow genuine Hikvision cameras to connect using the HIKVISION protocol from now on. Maybe it’s a bug and they have not realised it? I think in the meantime, I will downgrade to V4.61.430 - Build 231123 and use that for now.

BTW, if you downgrade from a major version like V5.. to V4.. and you have not disconnected Hikconnect before the downgrade, your NVR will get blacklisted and it is a pain to ask Hikvision to remove it. I know I have been through this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back