01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware Latest HikVision Firmware for M-Series NVRs (with 5.0 GUI) - V5.01.060_240110

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've loaded the new V6.2.2 of Hik-Connect... it has not fixed the stuttering remote playback for M series with 5.0 GUI... :(

I'm about to test the V4.63.025 firmware on V6.2.2 of Hik-Connect on iPhone released just a few hours ago, so will come back with any issues I find.
The playback timeline seems to take an age to load on V6.2.2 of Hik-Connect for iOS, but it also took a good while on the last version. Apart from that, no major issues as far as I can see.

Hi,

I updated my NVR to the latest Firmware 5 and got this issue with the camera. It shows online, and when I add them, it gives offline.

Help, please

20240224_213147.jpg

I set up my first HikVision NVR (DS-7616NI-M2/16P) only a few weeks ago so v5.0 was my only experience.

Whilst parts of the UI look nice, it has been just a headache to use. The main issue has been around the Web UI and iVMS-4200 not showing the same information - changing opens in one seems to result in changes to other settings.

Anyways, just decided to downgrade, and I'm so so so glad that I did. With v4.63.025, I've managed to reconfigure everything in under 30 minutes and have yet to come across any of the above mentioned issues.

Managing software development is my primary job and it is just shocking v5.0 was even released to the public. Someone at HikVision should be getting fired for their incompetence - developers usually end up in the firing line but more often than not, management is to blame.

I know most of you are in UK/Europe here... but, there is a new firmware download link on the USA EN product page for DS-7616NI-M2/16P:

DS-7616NI-M2/16P USA EN Product Page

There are no release notes, but the downloaded file is named NVR_K21B1_BL_ML_STD_V5.01.060_240202-for-US-doorbell.zip ... so I'm hoping it will solve the issue I have had not being able to connect DS-HD2 and EZVIZ CS-DB2 doorbells using the HIKVISION protocol (worked in V4 software). Maybe it will fix the stuttering playback issue also?... I'll update here after I get the nerve up to actually load it... :)

I loaded it and it did fix the doorbell issue but that's it... to me, it does seem like a good sign that Hikvision is working on things reported by the Use-IP crew... I'd bet we'll see a new release soon...

It will need to be firmware for the NVR in my case as Hikvision stopped making DS-KB6003 Bell a while back.

@flycop2000 if you are in the USA, I suspect this USA firmware release would allow you to switch your doorbell back to the HIKVISION protocol instead of using HIKVISION_RTSP.

I loaded it and it did fix the doorbell issue but that's it... to me, it does seem like a good sign that Hikvision is working on things reported by the Use-IP crew... I'd bet we'll see a new release soon...

@flycop2000 if you are in the USA, I suspect this USA firmware release would allow you to switch your doorbell back to the HIKVISION protocol instead of using HIKVISION_RTSP.
I'm in the UK

I can't attest to what all they fixed in this new build. That said, Firmware Version V5.01.060 build 240202 did address the export / creation of the following files:
  • export a "Backup" file
  • export a "Diagnostic Information" file
  • create a "GUID" file (found under User Management --> Account Security Settings)
All I can say is, the files got created this time around. I did not attempt to verify the content of the files. Fingers crossed the content is actually correct / useable.

I see 5.02 is out.

hmmm... not in the US yet, I suspect if I try this one it will break my US doorbells that "NVR_K21B1_BL_ML_STD_V5.01.060_240202-for-US-doorbell.zip" fixed... not sure I can resist :)

Loaded it... it did break my US doorbells again... oh well, that was expected, I guess going forward there will be different releases for US/UK.

Hik-connect playback still stutters... seen there is a new Hik-connect version 6.2.18.20240229.2 for iPhone... loaded that... Hik-connect playback still stutters :(

Loaded it... it did break my US doorbells again... oh well, that was expected, I guess going forward there will be different releases for US/UK.

Hik-connect playback still stutters... seen there is a new Hik-connect version 6.2.18.20240229.2 for iPhone... loaded that... Hik-connect playback still stutters :(
That’s poor. Jan 10th to Feb 29th and they haven’t fixed core functionality that’s broken. I generally use my TV for playback (many will run an NVR without a monitor), but Hik-Connect is essential for playback of event notifications.

HI all, I just wanted to give you the heads up on the NVR - DS-7732NI-M4-24P.

I updated to the latest firmware V5.01.060 - Build 240110, but found a bug in respect to it not supporting certificates for non-Hikvision cameras. It found all 16 Hiks, but 3 others I have that work on the normal plug in and play Hik protocol are not recognised.

As a result, I rolled back the firmware to the previous one I had, which was V4.61.430 - Build 231123. All the cameras work as normal. But to my disappointed Hik-Connect portal fails to connect and remains Offline. Access to the cameras via normal port forwarding work normally, can send emails from NVR, etc. So, no network connectivity issue. After contacting Hik support, they advised me that by downgrading my firmware, it kicked of a process on their end to blacklist my NVR. They released the NVR from the blacklist, but unfortunately it went online on the Hik platform for a few seconds and then went offline again. Hik again told me it was blacklisted, they are currently investigating the issue.

I am curious, on this post, you talk about firmware version V4.63.025 build 231201. Is this for a UK NVR? since on the main download page for the M series, its shows V4.61.430 - Build 231123 as latest V4...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back