01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware Latest HikVision Firmware for M-Series NVRs (with 5.0 GUI) - V5.01.060_240110

Status
Not open for further replies.
also no option to edit IP on existing device lists as options remain greyed out despite entering passwords - screenshot attached.
Yeah I posted regarding this 3 weeks ago if you scroll back to post #46 in this thread. The firmware should’ve been pulled

This is a screen grab of the other issue with it stating 'no more channels allowed' when pressing add online device to device list despite me having 3 spare channel slots.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-15 at 21.54.08.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-15 at 21.54.08.png
    446.4 KB · Views: 93
I have downloaded the new firmware on my DS-7616NI-M2/16P but when I playback any camera footage the time jumps various amounts in seconds. My Hikvision video doorbell won't register with the NVR either, I keep getting a message that the 'Certificate Verification Failed'

I can see the doorbell camera view in the Hikvision App but not through the NVR in the App!

I don't get any stuttering using play back on the Hikvision App (Iphone 15) it plays back smoothly with no jumps in time.
I have managed to get my Hikvision Door bell to register with my NVR just by looking at the settings on my Asus Router (Asus-Merlin firmware) I remembered there was something in the router settings that mentioned RTSP and thought I would give it a try!

Router settings;
WAN page,
WAN - NAT Pass through tab,
Enable RTSP Passthrough.

Go into the NVR and edit the settings for the doorbell to Hikvision RTSP.

I am not very technical aware exactly how my NVR works or what the difference is between the 'Hikvision' and 'Hikvision-RTSP' setting?

'no more channels allowed'

Hi @stuhope123 ... I assume the ONVIF camera is wireless?... if so, maybe you need to turn off PoE port 8 to free up a channel for it to use? Perhaps the channel was off before, but got turned on by the update? Here's the setting I'm referring to:

IMG_3816.jpeg

I think this setting may only be available on the NVR GUI... I can't seem to find it on my web GUI...

what the difference is between the 'Hikvision' and 'Hikvision-RTSP' setting?

Hi flycop2000 ... I don't think you needed to change any settings on your router... I would suggest changing those settings back to what they were before, and see if things keep working...

I have the same problem as you with the 'Certificate Verification Failed' for the doorbell... I also changed to using HIKVISION-RTSP and that works, but ideally we would be able to connect using the HIKVISION protocol we were using before the update... that protocol gives more functionality/reliability... you can change doorbell settings from the NVR and get event alerts... also, it seems there is a few second pause when you go to view the live stream from the NVR...

The bell does record well using RTSP so it's good enough for now, or even permanently if it isn't fixed in an NVR firmware update.

Hi @stuhope123 ... I assume the ONVIF camera is wireless?... if so, maybe you need to turn off PoE port 8 to free up a channel for it to use? Perhaps the channel was off before, but got turned on by the update? Here's the setting I'm referring to:

View attachment 10612

I think this setting may only be available on the NVR GUI... I can't seem to find it on my web GUI...
you my friend, are a legend!

Any updates on the v5 firmware?

The reason I ask is I'm still running v4.63.020 build 230808 after advice to hold off installing v4.63.025 build 231201 due to it being buggy.

I don't like to fall too far behind with firmware so wondering If I should have installed v4.63.025 whilst waiting for a resolution to the v5 issues?
That's assuming I can find a copy... If you go to Hikvision UK support and search, it only offers v5 as does the M series product page.
The EU portal only has v4.63.10

Any updates on the v5 firmware?
Not yet, I'm afraid. Hikvision HQ should be reopening again now so we're hoping to get some updates on the bugs soon.

Are you having any problems in Hik-Connect / with events with v4.63.020 build 231201?
If not, our advice would be to stick with this one for the time being - we're currently using the exact same version and build on our M-Series.

v4.63.025 definitely isn't available anywhere.
I don't have a copy saved either :(
This was only available on the product pages on Hikvision's website, and was never uploaded to the portals.

If you still have the v4.63.020 file saved, then you can update to V5 to see how you get on with it, and roll back if need be.
However, it will probably default your NVR - this happened to ours when we reinstalled v4.63.020...

Are you having any problems in Hik-Connect / with events with v4.63.020 build 231201?
If not, our advice would be to stick with this one for the time being - we're currently using the exact same version and build on our M-Series.

The only issues I'm having with Hik-Connect are five second delays with event notifications, and occasionally no push notification at all.
I'm not sure if v4.63.025 would help with that but unless the US firmware link posted by @sportster is compatible, I will continue to hold off for now.

I'd hold off @Ianc - the only bugs I know for sure that v4.63.025 fixed were the images on event notifications not working properly and event clips not playing at all in the app.

The download link on the US site @sportster mentions is probably fine given it being the same build etc., but also not worth the risk - we've always been told to only use firmware from the UK or EU portal/websites and have known people to cause problems by trying to load US firmware onto European Hikvision devices.

Hopefully, we'll see a new V5 release pretty soon...

Last edited:
Hi flycop2000 ... I don't think you needed to change any settings on your router... I would suggest changing those settings back to what they were before, and see if things keep working...

I have the same problem as you with the 'Certificate Verification Failed' for the doorbell... I also changed to using HIKVISION-RTSP and that works, but ideally we would be able to connect using the HIKVISION protocol we were using before the update... that protocol gives more functionality/reliability... you can change doorbell settings from the NVR and get event alerts... also, it seems there is a few second pause when you go to view the live stream from the NVR...

The bell does record well using RTSP so it's good enough for now, or even permanently if it isn't fixed in an NVR firmware update.
Hi,
I just changed the Router settings back and the Doorbell is still working, This is all a bit too technical for me. I really have no idea what I'm doing!

I have a copy of 4.63.025 for m series if anyone needs it, would need to upload somewhere

I've attached the firmware file for V4.63.025 build 231201 for anybody that wants it (thanks again @rorton).

After some testing, I feel like it's the most stable V4 version and seems to work much better in Hik-Connect than the earlier releases, notably for event notifications, thumbnails and playback on connected G5 platform cameras.

The following problems that were reported previously are still there:
  1. The Video Loss smart event cannot be enabled from a web browser and just gives a "parameter error" message when you try to do so. It is possible to enable it on the local GUI.

2. On the local GUI, the HDD health status feature in Maintenance>HDD Operation>Health Detection seems to only work for Seagate Skyhawk drives, and not WD Purple drives.
I've checked and you are also able to roll back to earlier firmware from this version, but it will default the NVR. So, it's recommended to back up any recordings you need and export a config file from System>System Maintenance>Upgrade and Maintenance>Export Parameter if you're going to do so.

Attachments

• Hikvision M-Series NVR firmware V4.63.025_231201.zip
    77.1 MB · Views: 66
I've attached the firmware file for V4.63.025 build 231201 for anybody that wants it (thanks again @rorton).

After some testing, I feel like it's the most stable V4 version and seems to work much better in Hik-Connect than the earlier releases, notably for event notifications, thumbnails and playback on connected G5 platform cameras.

The following problems that were reported previously are still there:
  1. The Video Loss smart event cannot be enabled from a web browser and just gives a "parameter error" message when you try to do so. It is possible to enable it on the local GUI.

2. On the local GUI, the HDD health status feature in Maintenance>HDD Operation>Health Detection seems to only work for Seagate Skyhawk drives, and not WD Purple drives.
I've checked and you are also able to roll back to earlier firmware from this version, but it will default the NVR. So, it's recommended to back up any recordings you need and export a config file from System>System Maintenance>Upgrade and Maintenance>Export Parameter if you're going to do so.
Will i lose my recordings or any other things of significance if i roll back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back