01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware NVR5 firmware for the Hikvision M-series NVRs - V5.02 Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Live streaming is fine for me, but playback is still painfully slow
So, not fixed then. That's a shame because I was hoping that V5 would fix 3rd-party RTSP/Onvif streams not working for me on V4.63.020, but it looks as though I should stick with V4 since at least the basics work on that!

Edit: actually I found I had a copy of V4.63.025 and that fixed RTSP, so that's something.

Last edited:
Using an EZVIZ DB1 Pro 5MP on an M2 with 5.02 firmware, it's working fine.

Hi @kraven ... I have one of the EZVIZ DB1 Pro doorbells also but since V5.0 arrived I cannot get it to connect with HIKVISION protocol... It tells me I have the wrong password, but that same password works for RTSP... so I use HIKVISION_RTSP... did you change the password from the default (verification code) or do anything else to get it working?

did you change the password from the default (verification code) or do anything else to get it working?
Yes @johnfitzy. Ezviz confuse admin password with verification code. Once adding an admin password then this is also the new verification code. I had exactly the same problem with Ezviz H3 3K. Also sometimes was recognized at once as plug n play, some others manually with Hikvision protocol.
Did you try changing settings with Advanced settings procedure? GUI is the same with Hikvision cameras.

Hi @kraven ... I have one of the EZVIZ DB1 Pro doorbells also but since V5.0 arrived I cannot get it to connect with HIKVISION protocol... It tells me I have the wrong password, but that same password works for RTSP... so I use HIKVISION_RTSP... did you change the password from the default (verification code) or do anything else to get it working?
I’m using the 6 character code from the barcode as the password.

There's a new Hik-Connect update 6.2.50.20240320.3 ... It does not seem to have fixed the playback studder issue.

I see some issues with Safari browser on this and previous V5 versions. Not camera model specific:

1 - Selecting a camera to Live View will display an image frozen at the time of selection when sub stream is selected. The issue is not present if Main Stream is selected (so no live viewing of sub stream)

2 - Selecting a camera to playback will display an image frozen at the time of selection. The image remains static while the timecode displayed above the timeline advances as expected. This seems to be intermittent and reselecting the camera or dragging the timeline may get playback working.

The other issues are still present on .005
  • Frame by frame scrolling during paused playback is inverted. Roll away goes backwards, roll towards goes forwards. It inverted when updated from V4 to V5 and so is the reverse of all other Hikvision NVRs and DVRs
  • The semi transparent upper banner with channel ID and lower banner with Tag, Snip, Zoom control toolbar do not appear in playback when space rule is selected. You have to deselect the space rule icon to use them which isn't too much trouble, however when you reselect space rule you need to perform the search all over again.

Last edited:
Firmware Version V5.02.005 build 240318 --- from the WEB GUI using Chrome browser, a couple of items I still see outstanding. Arguably, they might be seen as low priority given all the headaches others have previously documented:
  • Attempts to create a GUID file.... with a ".bin" extension, fail. I am however, able to create a GUID file, provided the file name extension is blank / non-existent.
  • Access to the Online Help Facilty (aka View Online Help in upper right corner) from any WEB GUI page I've tried, produces --> Access Error: 404 -- Not Found

Glad to see v5.02 is getting some fixes, I downgraded after being one of the first to upgrade to 5, couldn't work with some of the problems.

Keen to try again though, could I ask if any uses full screen alarm notification and if that works, I swear It didn't on the first versions of 5?
Also, when in full screen view of your grid of channels, hovering over a channel brings up a menu barf of items which never seemed to disappear - has that been fixed too? Can you see just a full grid of your channels with no other menus blocking the view?

Keen to try again though, could I ask if any uses full screen alarm notification and if that works, I swear It didn't on the first versions of 5?

It works, but the functionality has changed... it's a pop-up window that shows a picture and related video event... the event video does not start on its own... I didn't use it much, but it seems to me like the older functionally was better... a full-screen live view of the channel on event.

Also, when in full screen view of your grid of channels, hovering over a channel brings up a menu barf of items which never seemed to disappear - has that been fixed too?

No, the menu appears over the channel the mouse is hovering over and does not timeout... I much preferred the V4 functionality where the menu timed out after a few seconds.

Thanks - If Hikvision are tracking this thread then, could I put in a couple of requests...

1 - Please allow us to make camera detection go full screen for a certain amount of seconds as per GUIv4. Perfect use case for a camera at a front door, someone knocks at the door, camera detects, and the monitor goes full screen so you can see exactly who is there,

2 - Please allow the menus in full screen grid to timeout and disappear as per v4. Its distracting having menus stuck on the screen when you have a grid of many cameras on display

3 - Please allow a more simple way to access your PTZ controls, In GUI4, I could make a PTZ full screen, click on the PTZ button in the menu bar, and have instant access to PTZ controls. The presets in gui4 were a nice feature too - actually being able to see where your present pointed too, it seems a step back just having a list of presets.

Everyone else playback fixed on hik connect?

Mine is maybe slightly better but still not perfect

Everyone else playback fixed on hik connect?

Yes, the latest V5.02.005 build 240318 fixed my playback on Hik-connect... just checked again now to confirm... both regular playback and event playback are smooth as they could be.

There was a Hik-connect update on iOS also... V6.2.50.20240320.3... maybe that needs to be updated also?

Weird, im definitely on the latest of both but still some minor issues when going back a few days etc. will keep an eye

Weird, im definitely on the latest of both but still some minor issues when going back a few days etc. will keep an eye
I'm seeing playback as smooth for anything recorded both before and after the latest update. What is still problematic is the loading of the timeline. I've just checked now; the first attempt had the video playing within a couple of seconds, but the loading circle spinning for 20 seconds before the timeline appeared. Another attempt took longer still. That's while my phone is connected to my home network. Trying the same on another recorder that supports the feature (a DS-7608NI-K2/8P) took just two seconds.

Right, think i'm going to skip the first two v5's and go straight onto the latest V5.02.005 build 240318 :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back