01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Door Entry kv6113-wpe1(c) reset LAN POE - no power?

Mark

Hi,

I am needing to reset my doorbell via hikvision due to network changes. Forgot details of course, or cant get admin access.

I have taken doorbell in from gate, plugged in lan to computer (and also tried a switch), and bell is dead and cant be seen in SADP.

What am i doing wrong? I have checked and I understand it is POE. I might vaguely recall having to do some dodgy wire job to a plug to get it going when i set it up?

Solved - but unclear why POE doesnt do it.

Attachments

• IMG_0099.jpg
    IMG_0099.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 94
Hi @Mark
You will need a POE source to power the doorbell over POE (your PC, router and any standard network switch won't supply POE), was it a POE switch that you tried?

Yes it was a POE switch. So not sure why it didn't fire up.

It was only when I was typing the initial post I remembered something about a fidgety temporary wiring job I had last time (as per photo).

Quick question, doorbell appears on Hik Connect as a camera, not the doorbell, and no ability to open door?

ran into a confusing issue. Possibly when trying to link NVR and doorbell/opener.

My doorbell will not connect to the hik-connect app via online devices, it keeps asking my phone to join a wifi network that does not exist, and the name network name changes every so often too. I can connect it to home wifi via the browser but doesn't seem to matter.

I have the doorbell in the hikconnect app now via IP- but it is acting as a camera only; there is no lock button/door open ability. ie. no button at all, not even a "fail to open" opportunity. The internal screen has linked via wifi with the doorbell, and it does have a lock icon to open door/gate. The hik-connect app also shows the interanl screen device (with the lock too).

Why is the doorbell appearing as a camera only in Hik-connect? I have removed reference (i think) to this doorbell and its ip from NVR now.

Update, now have doorbell on, at some point the IP has changed, not sure when or why, beyond my knowledge, the indoor screen has now taken the doorbells IP and is not working, so some issue with IPs

Last edited:
If you're using a Hikvision indoor station, and have the doorbell connected to this, then you will need to add the indoor station to Hik-Connect (not the doorbell or NVR) - it's recommended to install a microSD card in the indoor station too so that you get images saved/sent to Hik-Connect when the doorbell is pressed.

Also, I think you need to add it via the Hik-Connect servers, rather than IP address, to receive notifications and have the ability to open the door - I recommend following these steps to do so.

If you have DHCP enabled on the doorbell or indoor station, then this may be why the IPs change randomly. You can use the SADP tool to disable this and manually set the IP addresses back to what they were :)

I had DHCP yes. Seems stable now whatever was going on.

However, while I have alerts, video, audio, and the open door/lock item, use of the gate opener is not working. It says unlocked but is not triggering gate.?

You may need to check the wiring / connection between the doorbell and your gate motor.
Have you reconnected it to the gate since taking it down and testing it indoors?

Back