01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Lag everywhere problem?

elektrotehna

Hello everyone and sorry if this subject has been talked about but I searched and couldn’t find anything similar.

I’m cctv installer (hikvision and others) and I have a problem that no one so far can help me with.

I installed a system with 4 cameras (4MP DS-2CD2T43G2-2I) with poe switch and NVR (DS-7604NXI-K1) all with new cat6 shielded cables and from the first day I have lag during live view (main and substream) everywhere (on monitor connected to NVR, remote IVMS, remote Hikconnect and HikPro.
(All firmwares are up to date)

The recorded videos are OK and in great quality without any lag but this problem with live view is driving me crazy.

I installed this system about two weeks ago and still no solution.
I tried lowering quality, fps, changing h264 and h265, bitrate, but every option I touch alone or together in combination with other options (generally lower the value) it just gets worse.

I contacted my suppliers tech support, we tried a few things but nothing changes..

I also tried to have only one camera in poe switch - no changes. Changed the switch, also no changes, connected a battery to power the camera and used cat6 only for video - still the same.

I never had this problem, usually on main stream i have all options to max and on sub stream I lower them down so the owner can view everything smoothly considering internet speed on location.

We also contacted Hikvision and we are waiting for a reply from them but I wanted to check has anyone here ever had a similar problem?

My current setup is like always on main stream (never had a lag problem on NVR before):
Resolution: 2688x1520
Bitrate type: variable
Video quality: highest
Frame rate: 25fps
Max bitrate: 3072
Video encoding: h265

Also in general, do you guys have any fixed settings for these options like myself or..?

Thanks to everyone who gets involved in this topic and all the best,
Ivan

Can't help with the problem, but as far as settings: You could probably lower the frame rate a tad if you wanted. Up the max bitrate a bunch - that setting doesn't set the bitrate, it only puts a cap on it during busy scenes with lots of action. But the bitrate will drop to whatever the scene demands, so I set mine real high. I'd do H265+ too to keep storage needs down.

Thanks so much for the reply!
Yes I understand the part with bitrate..

However, regarding general settings and system needs - while project planning do you worry about input and output bitrate from the NVR and calculate the needs every time or..?

I never had problems like this before but since this happened i checked this specification also and everything seems to be ok and in limits of the nvr.

I’m only asking because I started to question everything since this problem happened..
Can't help with the problem, but as far as settings: You could probably lower the frame rate a tad if you wanted. Up the max bitrate a bunch - that setting doesn't set the bitrate, it only puts a cap on it during busy scenes with lots of action. But the bitrate will drop to whatever the scene demands, so I set mine real high. I'd do H265+ too to keep storage needs down

New firmwares that "support" Intelligent Search have lag everywhere. Either GUI and menu or Live View. Sometimes, even the mouse is not moving smoothly. Some times search buttons icons overlapping or layering over others and no selection can be performed. All this happened after firmware v4.82.00

Do you have the same problem on local iVMS Live View or local HikConnect live view?

Is the temperature inside the NVR normal and below 40 - 45 deg C? Mine is below 35 deg C possibly because I use SSD disk for recording.
Check if the ventilation is working OK. This should be very noisy. If not the fan may not be working properly.

Try lowering HDMI output and disabling Enhanced Decoding Mode.
I have a lag on live view, iVMS and local HDMI output when HDMI resolution is set to 2560*1440 which is very strange because this lag does not exist on 3840*2160.

New firmwares that "support" Intelligent Search have lag everywhere. Either GUI and menu or Live View. Sometimes, even the mouse is not moving smoothly. Some times search buttons icons overlapping or layering over others and no selection can be performed. All this happened after firmware v4.82.00

Do you have the same problem on local iVMS Live View or local HikConnect live view?

Is the temperature inside the NVR normal and below 40 - 45 deg C? Mine is below 35 deg C possibly because I use SSD disk for recording.
Check if the ventilation is working OK. This should be very noisy. If not the fan may not be working properly.

Try lowering HDMI output and disabling Enhanced Decoding Mode.
I have a lag on live view, iVMS and local HDMI output when HDMI resolution is set to 2560*1440 which is very strange because this lag does not exist on 3840*2160.
Thanks for the input alfaclvi!

I didn’t know the issue regarding Intelligent Search.

Yes, the problem is there even in local Hik or iVMS. I did not check the temperature but will do first thing on Monday.

As I am aware the fan works fine, although there is no high noise or vibrations (I would say as usual but I will check this too).

Max resolution that my cameras support is 2688x1520 and if I make the resolution smaller the problem is still there..

Back