01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

M Series NVR or I series with AcuSense?

Mit3l

As the title suggestes, want to remain future proofed. Do I get the M-Series NVR (latest NVR from HikVision) - model [DS-7608NI-M2/8P] or get the I-Series with AcuSense - model [DS-7608NXI-I2/8P/S]?

The camera that would be used here is [DS-2CD2387G2-LSU/SL/B] (Hikvision DS-2CD2387G2-LSU/SL/B 8MP ColorVu Network Turret Camera With Live Guard).

The AcuSense features seems really useful, which will be very useful for my requirements.

Approx 7 cameras will be used of the available 8 channels - maybe an 8th is used in the future.

From a bandwidth perspective, will I be able to keep them all on full '8MP' resolution? I believe the M-Series has more bandwidth, according to this article by @Kyle, if I am understanding correctly, it advises M-Series can handle 8x 8MP Cameras @ 25fps, while I-Series can handle 4x 8MP Cameras @ 25fps.

In light of the above, any guidance?

Hi @Mit3l

You've kind of answered this yourself :)

If you want to run 7 x 8MP cameras at max. settings then we would always recommend an M-series NVR because of the increased incoming bandwidth it supports.

The main advantage of the AcuSense NVRs is that they can apply the AcuSense features to a small number of non-AcuSense cameras, so if you already have a number of AcuSense cameras (and plan to add more) there isn't really any advantage to using the I-series AcuSense NVR.

Thank you, @Dan - that makes sense - maybe I was just doubting myself - and didn't consider the cameras have AcuSense, too. M Series it is!

If I can pick your brains for one more thing, please - Given the cameras I am looking to get, and that they would be recording 24/7 with ColorVu light switched on during dark hours, what size HDD would you recommend to accompany the M-Series NVR, if I want say, at least 2 weeks worth of 24/7 footage?

Reactions: Dan
I was about to purchase the 18TB WD Purple (here) as per your guidance, but noticed there is a disclaimer that 18TB does not work with HikVision. Is that still the case?

1694603840284.png

Hi @Mit3l

I know you've already got an answer from our live chat but will also answer here in case the information is helpful to others on the forum.

The answer is yes, the largest size we are confident work is the 14TB HDD but the 8-channel NVR you are looking at has 2 HDD bays so if you need 18-20TB of storage you can use 1 x 8TB & 1 x 10TB or 2 x 10TB.

Back