01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Door Entry Microphone Issues with DS-KH9310 indoor unit?

gega

Hello everyone,

I have the DS-KH9310-WTE1(B) indoor unit connected to DS-KV8213-WME1(C) outdoor station.
Although I encounter an issue with the Indoor unit's microphone. Other people can hear me only when I speak literally next to the microphone hole of the indoor unit.

I ended up upgrading it to V2.2.36 build 240115, but still the microphone volume is pretty low.

(Luckily the V2.2.36 fixed the buzzing noises that I had too.)
(I got the updated firmware from the following page )
Is there a way to adjust the microphone volume ?

I cannot find it anywhere in IVMS
Thanks

Last edited:
There are audio input and audio output volume options.

1 thing that comes to my mind, i had customers stating the same, and the problem was that monitor still had protective cover above microphone hole.

There are audio input and audio output volume options.

1 thing that comes to my mind, i had customers stating the same, and the problem was that monitor still had protective cover above microphone hole.
Unfortunately the only Volume and Speak( yes speak...) sliders on IVMS are related with indoor's unit speaker and notifications volume.

I double checked the protective cover with a needle but the mic looks to be cover free.

It's weird, on the indoor stations directly you have the option to adjust the microphone volume in the volume settings, but it's not there on the android ones.

You can log into the outdoor station in a web browser and check the volume settings of that in Configuration>Video/Audio/Audio...
Does adjusting the output volume there help?

You could also try different audio encoding options on both devices?

It's weird, on the indoor stations directly you have the option to adjust the microphone volume in the volume settings, but it's not there on the android ones.

You can log into the outdoor station in a web browser and check the volume settings of that in Configuration>Video/Audio/Audio...
Does adjusting the output volume there help?

You could also try different audio encoding options on both devices?
By changing the outdoor's volume will make the second indoor unit that it's already connected ( not an Android ) to be really loud.

I changed the encoding from G711.alaw to G711.ulaw but the issue is still the same.

Back