01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware Missing event email images on M-series v4.63.000 firmware?

I've been testing and email images seem to be working for me now on V4.63.006 build230526.
Only one image is sent, but the NVRs do successfully send a picture on both motion detection and smart events, both when AI is on and when it's off.
I'm using a Gmail address to send the notifications - is everybody else seeing an improvement please?

I've been testing and email images seem to be working for me now on V4.63.006 build230526.
Only one image is sent, but the NVRs do successfully send a picture on both motion detection and smart events, both when AI is on and when it's off.
I'm using a Gmail address to send the notifications - is everybody else seeing an improvement please?
All good here Kyle.
firmware.jpg

Thanks Kyle,

Unfortunately even with v4.63.006 I am still getting corrupt image attachments for emailed event notifications. My NVR is a 7716NI-M4/16P, and the camera is a DS-2CD2186G2-ISU on firmware V5.7.13 build 230504.

Attachments

• IMG_0181.jpeg
    IMG_0181.jpeg
    191.7 KB · Views: 107
Thanks for checking, are the images corrupted in every email?
What type of email address are you using to send/receive the notifications?
Do you still get working images from the non-Acusense cameras?

Thanks Kyle,
I still get fully working email notifications with three images attached from non-acusense cameras.
On my acusense camera, most of the email images are corrupt, but maybe 1 in 10 comes through with a picture that can be displayed, only with one image though not three like before.
I use gmail addresses to send and receive the images, and that has previously worked fine for the previous 8 or so years.

It’s a bit ironic that I updated to an acusense camera and the NVR to a new M-series one that could deal with the acusense notifications in order to reduce false positives on motion detection but v4.63 firmware quickly making the notifications effectively more useless than before I upgraded the kit…

That's odd, I'm using the same camera and NVR firmware and all of the images work when I use a Gmail address too, both in the Gmail app and from a PC browser.

Just to confirm - will the images not open at all if you touch/click on the broken thumbnail?
The reason I ask is that I have a couple of broken thumbnail images, but the image does actually open.

So I can replicate how you're set up, can you please share screenshots of the main and substream video settings for this camera, as well as your motion detection settings?
(Feel free to block out the camera preview.)
Which phone/tablet are you using please, and are you viewing the email notifications in the Gmail app or a different one?
Finally, is the camera directly connected to the NVR, or via a POE switch?

UPDATE - I've been playing around and it looks like this is still a bug, but only affects motion detection when the AI (human/vehicle filter) is in use.
As soon as I untick "human" and "vehicle" for the target types in the event setup, the images begin to work.

I'll feed back to Hikvision, but I do have consistent working pictures when I use intrusion detection in Gmail and Outlook, so I can only recommend using that or push notifications in Hik-Connect until they fix the attached images for motion detection emails.

Back