01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect More Hikconnect problems

fullboogie

Expert
Trusted Member
Anybody else having huge problems with this junk service lately? For weeks playback of event notifications has been broken. Live view, although slow, works fine. But every single playback of a notification loads to around 90% and then fails with an error message. I'm so tired of this garbage app.

Anybody else having huge problems with this junk service lately? For weeks playback of event notifications has been broken. Live view, although slow, works fine. But every single playback of a notification loads to around 90% and then fails with an error message. I'm so tired of this garbage app.
Left Hik-Connect years ago get a router with a vpn server. Email notifications in place of push notifications.

I don't often play mine back but I just tried a few in the list to check. On mine the playback is working fine. I checked several while connected to my WiFi and then with the WiFi off using mobile data and all was well. For reference I won't/don't use UPnP and manually forward my ports in the router, then enter the details in the Configure DDNS section of the HikConnect app for that site.

For me the problem with HikConnect (the service) is the variation in when the notification is received - sometimes instantly, sometimes delayed by a minute (which would be unusable if someone rings my doorbell as by the time I bring up live view on the cam too speak to them, they're gone)

@JB1970 the weird thing is that it's only happening on one single camera. That camera does live view just fine. But it always errors out when trying to view event video, whether it's line or intrusion, and whether I'm on local wifi or away from home. It simply will not play the event videos. It has worked fine for years and then this just started a few weeks ago.

I've reviewed the camera settings and they appear to be identical to the other 7 cameras. Any idea what could possibly cause one camera to behave this way? Is it the NVR, the camera, the Hikconnect app?

@JB1970 the weird thing is that it's only happening on one single camera. That camera does live view just fine. But it always errors out when trying to view event video, whether it's line or intrusion, and whether I'm on local wifi or away from home. It simply will not play the event videos. It has worked fine for years and then this just started a few weeks ago.

I've reviewed the camera settings and they appear to be identical to the other 7 cameras. Any idea what could possibly cause one camera to behave this way? Is it the NVR, the camera, the Hikconnect app?
I haven't unfortunately. It does seem strange if they're all connected via the NVR with similar settings. All I would check (you probably already have) is:

1 - main stream normal and main stream event parameters for that camera match exactly in the NVR video parameters
2 - if the above is correct, also check directly via the cameras webpage to ensure that what the NVR video parameters are displaying is true. On an odd occasion I've set a video parameter via the NVR and the camera hasn't taken it.

Lastly can you playback normal video for the affected camera via HikConnect?

Hi,
Could you show how did you set up sending notifiactions to vpn server?
Hello Registoni,
I dont send email notifications to my VPN server, the email notifications come from the NVR / Camera to my email account. If I am away and need to check my cameras I connect to my routers VPN server and then look at my cameras as if I was at home. For me this is more reliable and secure than relying on the HikConnect service.

Back