01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Motion Detection Playback Tracking

gp116126

Centurion!
Trusted Member
Hello

Using DS7608 K2 with V3 firmware, G1 Go cameras. All firmware up to date.

I would like to know if there is a playback option that shows wheere on the screen the motion has been detected as its difficult to know what is detected on some images. I notice on VLC player there is such an option that can be used on downloaded video but cannot find it on the NVR GUI or via Browser login interface.

Cheers

@gp116126 Have you tried configuration> Local> enable rules? Try using intrusion detection, it is better than motion detection.

@gp116126 Have you tried configuration> Local> enable rules? Try using intrusion detection, it is better than motion detection.

Thanks. I have intrusion and line crossing set up on all cameras. Also use motion for the areas not covered by the above.

@Dan is our expert on this topic.
He is off this week.
But he has covered it many times in this forum:

Thanks a lot Phil.

I had a look at the motion threads you linked me to and one might be useful though it relates to browser settings.

I would appreciate Dan replying to confirm if there is an NVR setting that does this when he is back and has time.

Thanks a lot.

Hi @gp116126

Have you tried configuration> Local> enable rules?

Enabling rules as @David suggests here will mean that a coloured box is drawn around the trigger is shown in both live view and playback

Check your firmware is up to date if this isn't showing these boxes in playback too.

You can do it on a browser by selecting enable rules in the settings, local config. Unfortunately you cannot set it to display on a locally connected monitor. You will find that even with standard motion detection set down to 20, there will be boxes flashing on the screen where there appears tp be absolutely zero movement.

Hello

Thanks all for replies. This will be helpful.

I also totally understand the limits of motion detection ahving fiddled with the system for over 18 months now, but as I only have one line and one ntruder VCA with my cameras I have continued to use motion as I find it provides additional coverage / prompting at where to look in places the VCAs do not cover. It records continuously and I review it in smart but occasionally as you say the tinyest movement even with sensitivty at 20% shows up as does cloud movement and well rain, we all know about that. But what it really useful is the fact that quite large green smart lines appear at night when the PIR lights that cover my property are detectecd so I usually head for them if there no clear intruder or line crossing to look at. And its not necessarily people I'm looking for as i like to kiip track of the night wildlife and also my cats in the day.

Anyway as I said thanks for your advice that will help with the more minor motions that I can't readily pick up on the screen. .

Back