01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Movement sensitivity adjustment makes no difference?

uvs-300

Movement sensitivity adjustment makes no change I have noticed.
Set it to 0 in the nvr gui and it still triggers.
Nvr
Ds-7616ni-m2/16p v4.63.025
Cam ds-2cd2387g2 v5.7.14
Anyone else find this.

Thanks

Hi @uvs-300

Which event are you seeing this on please?
A customer reported yesterday that certain settings being changed on their M-Series NVR wasn't properly carrying across to their camera's direct settings.
Try logging into the camera, via it's IP address of Virtual Host link, and check that all of the event settings match what you've set on the NVR exactly.

BTW - You're right to change these settings on the NVR - this has always been the recommended way to do it as the settings should usually carry over to the camera's own config menu too.

Motion detection.
Logging on via the web to the camera shows the same setting has transfered from setting on the nvr using hdmi monitor over to the camera.
Tried all settings from 0 to 100 in steps of 20 in the nvr will nil effect.
So my guess is the 2387 which is on port1
I have 5 old 2385s connected in ports
2 to 6 and the setting via the nvr works .
I still also cant get jerk free live viewing from the 2387 as per my earlier post. Thought i had found settings that worked but within 5 mins it was back to varying jerky viewing on moving objects.
Thanks.

If you're using H.265+, maybe try H.265 to help with the live view issues.
It's worth hard-resetting the camera too and starting from scratch, if you haven't done so since updating the firmware.
If that doesn't help, you could test one of the earlier versions available here to see if they are any better...

Back