01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

New Camera Resolution Issue

Otto F

Hi. New to the forum. Quick question if someone can help please. Here's the problem...

Due to vandalism, bullet camera (Annke C11DK) changed to metal case dome camera (Sannce C51Z). New dome camera advertised as "1080P Full HD".

However, after connecting new dome camera to existing system (Annke DN41R), the maximum resolution appears to be 960 X 1080 "1080P Lite".

This is supposed to be a PnP system, so I didn't anticipate any problems with the new dome camera. As I understand, Annke & Sannce use the same technology. Might even be the same company with different branding.

Have I managed to set this up incorrectly, or was I sold a camera that isn't what it claims to be, or something completely different?

Posted below are a couple of pictures of the settings screen I was looking at, if this helps.

Thanks in advance if you can assist. Cheers.

img_20190319_144536-2080x1560-jpg.1853

img_20190319_144551-2080x1560-jpg.1854

Hi,
I'm afraid I haven't any experience with the Annke brand, but collectively the members here have been hands-on with most camera makes & models and with a bit of luck somebody may be able to help.

My 2 penn'orth:
Is it one of these multi-mode cameras? e.g. TVI/CVI/AHD/IP
Can you switch to another mode?
From what you show in your screenshots it does appear as if it cannot provide the resolution you expected.

Back