01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

New to cctv - please help advise which to buy!

KILOCHARLIE

I've been looking into which cctv system to purchase for my house for the last couple of days and I just keep going round in circles! Can anyone help advise which manufacturer to choose please? My requirements aren't over the top but I'm struggling...

4 camera kit
At least 720p, preferably 1080p
Good app for it on iphone - must be able to send me notifications when movement detected and work abroad.
Work with windows 10
Under £300

There seems to be a choice of manufacturers that I've looked into but all seem to have downfalls.

Samsung Wiseview - doesn't work with windows 10 and requires physical connection to router

Lorex - reviews have advised to steer clear

Swann - reviews say that others are better.

Hikvision - reviews of app are terrible and won't send push notifications or work abroad

Yale - not much info available.

Can anyone help at all please? I'm really stuck with which brand to go for to meet my requirements. Thanks in advance

Id go for Hikvision, if you're installing the system your self then 100% you can get 4 1080p camera system with 1tb hdd off ebay for under £300, make sure the dvr is the grey one "7200 series", Hikvision does support push notifications but it depends if the dvr can pull through the right dns settings from your Internet provider. I know Sky, Virgin and BT work like a charm with push notifications without messing about with settings. The App does have a lot of negative reviews but i think it works the best with your own dynamic or static IP rather than using the ezviz, Hiddns or Hikconnect.

Installer at: IseeU CCTV
Mobile: 07903322632
Web: www.iseeucctv.co.uk
Email: Info@iseeucctv.co.uk

Back