01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

New User - couple of issues

Lee74

Hi all, sorry for long first post....pulling my hair out here.

I recently purchased a 4 camera + NVR system. All is (or was) working fine but I have a couple of questions / issues that I cannot find an answer to online despite some extensive searches.

The system is comprised of the following components:
1 x NVR DS-7604NI-E1/4P/A
4 x IPC DS-2CD2T42WD-/I5

All components are at the correct and latest firmware levels available via as of today. I just downloaded "NVR_K41_BL_EN_STD_V3.4.91_161220.zip" for the NVR which seemed to go on ok assume it was right one? for cameras I appled "IPC_R6_EN_STD_5.4.4_161125.zip"

Issue 1: when viewing "Live view" via the OSX client or iOS apps there seems to be dropped frames and stuttering/pausing in the motion. I've tried various permutations and combinations of resolution, frame rates, i-frame settings etc etc after reading all kinds of posts but i'm a bit lost now. I had assumed with the NVR i bought and only 4 cameras in use I'd be ok running say 1080 resolution with 25fps and a VBR of 5120 but dialling any of these up or down does not seem to correct the issue :( cameras are all cat5e connected PoE to the NVR. all motion/event detection is disabled. recording is set 24x7. noticed today when the "stuttering" is really bad it also appears in remote playback...but then watch same clip again and it works fine....load issue on the NVR??? can't see the wood for the trees now :(

Issue 2: When I am logged into the iVMS-4200 client installed onto OSX 10.11.6 if I select one of the cameras in “Main View” I see the live image fine but I keep also seeing an error being logged.
The error is same for any camera selected so below the X represents the camera number:
“NVR_IP Camera’X’ controls PTZ failed. Error code 23 (Not Supported)”
I know the bullet cameras I have purchased do not contain any pan/tilt functions so the error kind of makes sense I guess but is there a way to suppress it as it keeps appearing every time I simply go full screen or maximize one of the camera feeds via the iVMS client?

thanks in advance for any help. i've just done a rest to factory values to wipe slate clean.

...one last thing....when changing settings.....this can be done via "camera settings" in ivms, via the "remote device management" for NVR in ivms or via the NVR webpage.....depending on which GUI you use some values are or are not available is there one preferred place to change things? i've been trying to stick with the web configuration screen.

Hi Lee ,

Did you after upgrade default to factory settings ? After upgrade Nvr must go to factory settings and one by one cameras too.
You must make changes on cameras settings first via camera menu directly.You don't need change resolution but only bitrates(via cam menu directly) . After that go to NVR menu and see settings to be parallel with your cameras.
For second issue, yesterday uploaded on hik portal a new version ivms for Mac (Hikvision iVMS-4200 V1.02.03.02(for Mac) ) . Try this version .

Back