01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Noctua nf-a4x20 replacement fans for the Hikvision DS7608NI-I2 NVR - what plug type please?

Vauxfan

Gives a lot of help
Trusted Member
I have seen that these fans can be used in place of the delta fan for the ds 7608ni 12/8p. I also saw that the 2 pin lead that comes with it is 2.5mm and the one on the fan is a 2.0mm
Is there a lead that fits with out cutting the original one off?

@Vauxfan maybe from the jst connector series. When I changed my fan I did a cut and splice using soldering iron and heat shrink.

Replacing the case fan on the side doesn't make huge amount of of a difference imo. I didn't bother and cut n spliced as well . It's nice and quiet until you put the top back on. I'm planning to cut out big opening and fit some mesh to reduce the case vibration. I already removed the psu and have 80mm fan in the bottom.

I've just done this. The Noctua fan in my case does NOT fit exactly. I watched that Youtube video on changing out the fan and it looked so simple. When I got my fan it is much thicker than the one I took out.

The Jamicon fan I took out was only 15mm deep and there is not enough room to fit the 20mm deep fan without modification. I'm not sure if all the 7608's had the same size fan or not, so you should check before purchasing.

It can be done however. I had to cut away the fan guard plate and move the PSU module back by 15mm and drill some new holes in the base to prevent it from moving. Not difficult just fiddly to do.

Now my only issue is that the Noctua fan will not start without a bit of a push. Not sure if it is the fan but I did not put any undue pressure on the fan during assembly. The old fan was rated at 0.17A whilst the Noctua is 0.05A. Will run it for a while and see if it frees up. Given that the NVR will never really be off, it should be OK but I just need to keep an eye on it. I may have to run the fan directly off the HDD power supply if this does not improve.

Re the wiring, I just used the two wire red and black wire connector that is supplied with the Noctua, but I cut and soldered the wires, then shrink tubed them because I don't like the little Scotchlok connectors. I'm sure they work, I just like the comfort of having a good electrical connection.

I've just opened up that Youtube video again and it appears that he has definitely a deeper 20mm fan. Mine for some reason is not a 20mm but 15mm.

I have a 7608 NI SE/P but I wouldn't expect the fan size to change within the 7608 model range. Perhaps I'm wrong.

E89C9B6B-A763-4423-BEEB-E074C5F7FC76.jpeg
Hi all.
I am trying to replace the fan on my Hikvision NVR psu and have the same question as the op
I bought the a4x20 and the fan itself will fit fine, however didn’t come with a 3 pin to 2 pin converter. So I bought the NA-AC2 to do this (fine for the side fan). But this to too big!!
Can someone please direct me to a U.K. link to the correct adaptor to purchase? I do not feel comfortable soldering or requiring.
Thanks very much!

View attachment 6833
Hi all.
I am trying to replace the fan on my Hikvision NVR psu and have the same question as the op
I bought the a4x20 and the fan itself will fit fine, however didn’t come with a 3 pin to 2 pin converter. So I bought the NA-AC2 to do this (fine for the side fan). But this to too big!!
Can someone please direct me to a U.K. link to the correct adaptor to purchase? I do not feel comfortable soldering or requiring.
Thanks very much!
I bought these and used them on the noctua fan splicing that wire and keeping the original in 1 piece.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211018-103633_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20211018-103633_Samsung Internet.jpg
    817.3 KB · Views: 204
Ok thanks. Is splicing easy??
Also what width is that 2 pin connector please

Yeah. Get some heat shrink to go with it and solder together.

2.0 it says.

Back