01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

NVR-4CH-5MP/4P blocking web connection to cameras?

c64girl

Is it normal after i added 2x cameras onvif on poe to the NVR (NVR-4CH-5MP/4P) I have lost connection to the cameras through my web browser on local?

I need to forward ports from nvr or something to connect to my cameras using web browser?
When i connect to them using LAN connected to router and 12V DC i can connect to them with no problem.

Hi @c64girl

When you connect 3rd-party cameras to an NVRs PoE ports they will be using the NVRs own subnet IP range which is different from your LAN IP range and thus cannot be accessed directly.

When connecting Hikvision cameras to a Hikvision NVR you can use their Virtual Host feature that creates virtual links to log in to each directly connected camera, but this doesn't work with 3rd-party non-Hikvision cameras.

There is no easy way to log in to 3rd-party cameras that are connected to an NVRs PoE ports, this is why we usually recommend that if you have 3rd-party cameras as part of your system they should stay on a separate switch or individual PoE injectors and then add them to the NVR over the local network.

Hi @c64girl

When you connect 3rd-party cameras to an NVRs PoE ports they will be using the NVRs own subnet IP range which is different from your LAN IP range and thus cannot be accessed directly.

When connecting Hikvision cameras to a Hikvision NVR you can use their Virtual Host feature that creates virtual links to log in to each directly connected camera, but this doesn't work with 3rd-party non-Hikvision cameras.

There is no easy way to log in to 3rd-party cameras that are connected to an NVRs PoE ports, this is why we usually recommend that if you have 3rd-party cameras as part of your system they should stay on a separate switch or individual PoE injectors and then add them to the NVR over the local network.

Hello, @Dan

Even if the nvr has the same gateway and IP range as the router i will not able to connect to cameras?

From our experience, you will run into strange behaviour with NVR if you set its subnet range to the same as your LAN. As I said above, there is no simple way to do this but one of the other forum users that has done some more advanced network configuration with their Hikvision NVR might be able to assist you.

@StuartW We were recently discussing a similar topic around connecting devices directly to the NVR PoE ports, are you able to recommend any workaround to access 3rd-party cameras directly connected to an NVRs PoE ports?

From our experience, you will run into strange behaviour with NVR if you set its subnet range to the same as your LAN. As I said above, there is no simple way to do this but one of the other forum users that has done some more advanced network configuration with their Hikvision NVR might be able to assist you.

@StuartW We were recently discussing a similar topic around connecting devices directly to the NVR PoE ports, are you able to recommend any workaround to access 3rd-party cameras directly connected to an NVRs PoE ports?

Someone told me there are some buttons in NVR camera list that starts web connect to camera. And other said the best way is to connect cameras to switch and then to NVR.

Back