01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

NVR (DS-7604NI-K1/4P) not working with ColorVu Gen 2 cameras (DS-2CD2347G2-LU)?

john9479

Hi,

I recently upgraded 2x of my cameras to the ColorVu Gen 2 (DS-2CD2347G2-LU), the NVR I have is a (DS-7604NI-K1/4P). The reason for buying these two cameras was to reduce the number of false alarms.

Initially, I had Basic Event alarms enabled (Enable Motion Detection & Enable Dynamic Analysis for Motion) and I was getting so many false alarms, I had human and vehicle target detection enabled, sensitivity set to 60. The human and vehicle detection didnt work, and i was getting a large amount of false alarms through shadows of a tree.

Due to the large volume of false alarms, I disabled Basic event alarms and enabled smart events by enabling intrusion detection and line crossing alarms. Unfortunately I haven't received any notifications and I have tried walking in front of the cameras and all sorts of tests to verify.

I am clueless as to what to do next ?? Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi @john9479

What firmware versions are the NVR and cameras currently running?

Thanks @john9479

Assuming your 7604NI-K1/4P is one of the older non-(B)/non-(C) models then v3.4.103 is the latest firmware.

The latest version we would recommend for your cameras is v5.7.2

I would update the cameras to this version and see whether that improves the notifications.

Just to confirm are you trying to receive push notifications to the mobile app or email notifications?

Thanks @john9479

Assuming your 7604NI-K1/4P is one of the older non-(B)/non-(C) models then v3.4.103 is the latest firmware.

I would update the cameras to this version and see whether that improves the notifications.

Just to confirm are you trying to receive push notifications to the mobile app or email notifications?
Thank you for recommending me the firmware, i will install it now. I am trying to receive push notifications through the mobile application.

I installed the firmware and still no notifications have come up after walking through the line and intrusion detections

Ok, can I just check that you have the arming schedule set for the smart event you are using and do you have 'Notify Surveillance Centre' ticked in the linkage method menu?

Yes the notify surveillance centre is ticked for the smart event, i have disabled it for the basic event settings. Arming schedule is 24hours and i have just enabled Scene change detection.

Ok, have you tried just one smart event at a time? I'm not sure the older K-series NVR will support multiple smart events at the same time.

I just tried only enabling one smart event for one camera (intrusion) and one smart event for the other camera (line crossing) both did not send me a message to my mobile after walking in front of the cameras multiple times.

I am suffering this issue for very long times (probably 3 years now). So I gave up on this. There are several other users / installers who reported the same.
I recommend you check two things:
1. Check in Logs that smart events are in fact logged. In my case the cameras correctly identify smart events, but just hardly ever send notification (now maybe 1 out of 1000 events).
2. Enable email notification (make sure you configure email correctly, not just enable it from smart event). Once emails are setup I get emails AND notifications every 1 minute once email notification is enabled. But that stops as soon as I deactivate email.

For me smat events worked flawlessly for about 1 year. I tried practically all the settings / FW versions. I even replaced the router without any success. It is very hard to figure out whether the issue is on HIK cloud or firmware in the cameras/NVRs.

I am suffering this issue for very long times (probably 3 years now). So I gave up on this. There are several other users / installers who reported the same.
I recommend you check two things:
1. Check in Logs that smart events are in fact logged. In my case the cameras correctly identify smart events, but just hardly ever send notification (now maybe 1 out of 1000 events).
2. Enable email notification (make sure you configure email correctly, not just enable it from smart event). Once emails are setup I get emails AND notifications every 1 minute once email notification is enabled. But that stops as soon as I deactivate email.

For me smat events worked flawlessly for about 1 year. I tried practically all the settings / FW versions. I even replaced the router without any success. It is very hard to figure out whether the issue is on HIK cloud or firmware in the cameras/NVRs.
Thank you for the feedback ! I just checked the logs and they are logging which is a good sign. So it's now the notification process which is the problem. I set the email's through the DVR and clicked test, it sent an email to my phone. Then walked through the line detection to see if the DVR Smart events would go to my phone, but it didn't.

I then logged into the camera by virtual host, I set up the smart events (Line crossing detection) and enabled notification via email and notification center. I then went to set up the same email notification set up as what I had done through the DVR. I clicked 'test' to see if the receiver would receive an email - this messaged popped up "The network gateway is not configured, and this may cause the failure of email sending".

I googled the message and read through this post - Hikvision cameras connected to nvr to send direct email

I logged into the camera, i changed the IPv4 Default Gateway & Preferred DNS Server to my IP address. I clicked 'test' received the message "Failed to connect the test server".

Not sure what to do at this point other than keep reading through other peoples posts.

Isn't this firmware for the G5 platform whereas the OP says he has Gen 2 which is the G3 platform (no (C)) mentioned. I have these cameras with the version B of this NVR and have no problems. I'm running v 5.5.800 on the cameras.

Hi @daveb

Technically both the G3 and G5 firmware models are Gen 2 cameras, although the customer did not state the (C) they were running an old enough version (v5.5.115) that I knew they could only have a (C) model because only those models used the v5.5.11x firmware.

Back