01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

NVR for 6 8MP AcuSense cameras and AX Pro?

widevideo

Hello,
This is my first security system.
What non AcuSense NVR do I buy to get full 8MP quality out of all 6 AcuSense cameras?
I guess that the H.265+ is the best compression? Any reasons to not use H.265+?

Cameras:
Specifications say "Video Bit Rate 32 Kbps to 16 Mbps" but forums say 20-25Mbps per camera.

I will also be installing the AX Pro security system. Can you connect these two systems?
Activate all cameras when the alarm system detects intruders?

Hi @widevideo

If you need to run 6 x 8MP AcuSense cameras at full settings we would recommend the new M-series NVR from Hikvision, below is a link to our post explaining these new NVRs:

The main advantage of these M-series models is that they support more incoming bandwidth than the same-sized I-series models, so the 8-channel M-series model supports up to 128Mbps incoming bandwidth vs. 80Mbps for the 8-channel I-series model. 128Mbps should be enough for 6 x 8MP cameras, but currently, these M-series are not in stock and we are not expecting UK stock until November.

If you need the system more urgently, we recommend using a larger 16-channel I-series NVR (DS-7616NI-I2/16P) which supports 160Mbps incoming bandwidth and the AcuSense features.

In regards to AX Pro, yes it should be possible to link the alarm and CCTV systems together. See the diagrams in the AX Pro brochure

Thanks Dan!
How much Mbps do the cameras need per camera?
What POE NVR would you buy if the price was the same DS-7616NI-I2/16P or DS-7608NI-M2/8P?

Hi @widevideo

The 8MP AcuSense cameras use around 20Mbps each (maybe slightly lower with H.265+, but with H.265+ enabled you cannot use most smart events).

In regards to your 2nd question, if the price is not an issue then the important thing to consider is adding more cameras in the future. 6 x 8MP cameras will use roughly 120Mbps, on the 8ch M-series this will leave you only 8-10Mbps to add more cameras and on a 16ch I-series you will have roughly 40Mbps left over.

We have no hands-on experience with the new M-series models so our safe recommendation would be the 16ch I-series model.

Back