01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Offline cameras - Hikvision DS-7616NI-Q2-16p NVR and Android

Nthuli

Hi all!
I have a new installation of NVR hik vision Ds-7616NI-Q2-16p. On my phone (Android) I can only view 4cameras out of 8 and only two are online the rest are offline. I have a total of 8cameras installed. What am I not getting right? Am using the hik application and attached is a screenshot from my phone?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-10-26-10-10-43.png
    Screenshot_2020-10-26-10-10-43.png
    181.1 KB · Views: 273
Hi @Nthuli

What camera models do you have connected to the NVR?

Are they all directly connected to the NVR PoE ports?

How did you add the NVR to the Hik-Connect app? QR code, IP address, serial number?

Also, make sure your NVR is running the latest firmware - V4.30.000_build200508

The cameras are ds-2cd1123goe-I
All are directly connected to the nvr.
I used the QR code to add nvr to the app.
I tried to update show that this is the latest firmware. V3. 4.110 build 200212.

ok,

When you say you tried updating do you mean you clicked the 'check for firmware' button in the NVR menus or you actually tried loading the above firmware?

If you have just tried the button then the firmware will likely be out of date because that 'check for firmware' button has not been working on all the Hik NVRs for a long time now, I would recommend downloading the above v4.30.000 firmware and try updating to that.

If you are unsure on how to update Hikvision firmware then you can use this forum guide:

If after the update you are still having issues with the app we would recommend you delete the NVR from the app, open the SADP Tool and unbind the NVR from your Hik-Connect account, and then try adding it again using the serial number in the Hik-Connect online portal.

You can find the steps for doing this in this forum post:

Hi Dan.
Thanks a bunch. it worked very well.
I have another task from the same client.
It is a new factory to set up the same type of system but with the following requirements
  1. 64 ip cameras minimum 2mp.
  2. Integrate alarm system with this cctv system.
  3. have secondary online backup for the recording.
my challenge is :-

• Which NVR supports this kind of system?
  • which model of cameras do i go for so that they can easily work together?
  • what size of online backup can you recommend?
regards

Ok,

For a 64 camera system like this we would still recommend Hikvision and we would recommend a DS-9664NI-I8 64-channel NVR

For the cameras, we would recommend the DS-2CD2345FWD-I 4MP Turret cameras

Hikvision has just recently announced its own IP alarm solution called AX Pro which they claim is compatible with all their current generation IP products.

The biggest issue with this setup will be the online storage, none of the IP camera brands we sell also offer their own online storage solutions so you would need to consider 3rd party options like Manything and Eagle Eye, but cloud recording services like these have quite a lot of limitations like limits on max. supported resolution, limited storage capacity, and many more...

Continuous backup to online storage is always going to be very challenging (if not impossible) with systems of this size because of the huge data load on the local network, the only ways to backup footage automatically would be to use the e-SATA connection on the NVR to connect an external e-SATA storage device or set up a 2nd Hot Spare NVR to act as failure backup in case of any issues with the first primary NVR, but obviously, both these options require that the backup storage device is either directly connected to the primary NVR (e-SATA) or on the same local network (Hot Spare). You can find details and instruction for e-SATA and Hot Spare setup in the NVRs user manual.

@ Dan
I appreciate all the efforts.

The AX pro looks okay with a few enhancements on the current alarm systems . Tell me is it already in the market? Am in Kenya any one selling you have in mind?

We are based in the UK and Hikvision UK are bringing the kits into stock first which we already have product pages for and then over the next couple of months (Q4/Q1-2021) they will be bringing in stock of the individual items to build your own solution or expand an existing kit.

Back