01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Padlock on video

bline86

Good morning,

My hikvision app through samsing tablet, keeps requiring the code and has a padlock.

It does this every other day.

I've got 5 analogue and 2 ip cameras

Thanks for your help

Attachments

• 20240629_081646.jpg
    20240629_081646.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 12
Good morning,

My hikvision app through samsing tablet, keeps requiring the code and has a padlock.

It does this every other day.

I've got 5 analogue and 2 ip cameras

Thanks for your help
The padlock usually indicates that Stream Encryption is turned on. It can be disabled in the Platform Access menu of the recorder or in the Hik-Connect app. I’m guessing that you might be using the tablet to connect to the system using its local IP address when at home and so the key is needed each time.

Last edited:
Yes I've got them on a tablet using local. I'll disable and see of that resolves. Thanks for your help
With stream encryption enabled, Hik-Connect decrypts the streams for viewing when connecting through the service. That doesn't happen when connecting using a local IP and so you need to enter the key. If you need to keep the encryption on, you'd need to stream to your tablet while using the Hik-Connect login but that will limit the stream to 5 minutes before reconnecting is needed.

Last edited:
Similar thing happens on iVMS and on local network.
By opening and viewing HikConnect this forces iVMS to ask for Encryption Key to continue viewing even if this live view was previously opened.
I think this is asked only once and there is no 5 minutes limit

Similar thing happens on iVMS and on local network.
By opening and viewing HikConnect this forces iVMS to ask for Encryption Key to continue viewing even if this live view was previously opened.
I think this is asked only once and there is no 5 minutes limit
From memory (could be wrong) setting DDNS gets around the 5 minute limit in Hik-Connect but it’s there with P2P connection. There’s certainly a 5 minute limit for playback as I got the message earlier today when looking at some footage on a system.

Hi JB

Have not enabled DDNS for my NVR on HikConnect, so I cannot know.

I did enable once, disabled Advanced firewall for my Internet provider, opened 2 ports (8000 and 80) for my NVR's ip address and then tried remotely working on iVMS doing settings which was OK. Then I restored back everything and disabled DDNS on HikConnect.
What I did not check was, if I enabled Virtual Host there I could also do settings on my cameras.

Back