01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Password for my second-hand HIKVISION network camera?

dov

HIKVISION network camera I received a used network camera and when I want to configure the network in the "SADP" software and confirm the parameters it asks for the password! What is the password for the camera? of the router at home? Or of a PROVISION type DVR that I have? Thanks

Hi @dov

What model is the Hikvision camera you have? Does it have a label with the model number or can you see the model number in SADP?

I received a used network camera and when I want to configure the network in the "SADP" software and confirm the parameters it asks for the password!
As it is asking for a password in SADP, the camera is already activated and so you need the admin password to do anything with it.

As @Dan has said, SADP should tell you both the model of the camera (in the device type column) and the firmware version of the camera (in the software version column). Knowing the model number will determine whether it has a physical reset button, that will allow you to return it to an unactivated state so that you can put your own password in. All newer models have the reset button, whereas older models without one would need to be reset by exporting an xml file and obtaining a reset file to import from a Hikvision supplier (as an end user you'll be unlikely to get the reset file)

Thanks !!!!
SADP v3.0.2.4
What are the passwords it asks for? I reset the camera I connect the camera directly to the network card of the computer and give the computer IP 192.168.1.63 and gateway 192.168.1.64. Do I need to change the gateway to the IP of the camera to that of the computer, I would like you to sort it out for me, Thanks again, although I control the network taps, but today I am almost 72 years old and sick, and connecting the camera is very important to me in order not to get out of bed Sorry for my English Thanks again
Thanks again
dov

Attachments

• sadp.jpg
    sadp.jpg
    562.3 KB · Views: 65
The model is a DS-2CD2347G2-LU (G3 platform ColorVu 4 megapixel turret)

If you have reset the camera the 'admin' password is the password that you created when it asked for an activation password. The username and password it's asking for in the other box are the Hik-Connect username (usually an e mail) and password for the user that added it to their Hik-Connect account. No-one on the forum can give you these details. The password is something you created and I guess the Hik-Connect user details are those of the previous owner.

Back