01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

FAQ Removing USB Memory Card or eject from my Hikvision DVR?

GTEM

Is there a way to eject the USB memory card before removing it?

I have a DS-7208HUHI-K1 with Firmware V4.20.001, Build 190430
It is not connected to Internet (i.e. Closed Circuit) for legal reasons so the only way for me to get footage from it is to save it to USB memory stick.
Every time I remove the memory card with footage saved to it and place the memory card into a Windows PC, the PC complains that the memory stick is corrupt but luckily windows offers the option to scan and fix the problem. On the windows PC I get the same problem with USB memory sticks if I just pull them out of the PC without ejecting them first.
I have been looking all over the hikvision system to see if it offers and option to eject the USB memory stick before removal to avoid corruption but cannot find a way of doing this.

Would really appreciate some help on this.
TIA

It's a valid point, but I've never seen an eject feature :(

Upvote 0
@GTEM I've never seen an option to eject a USB key from my 7608 NVR, I just remove it when the download has finished.

My USB key uses MSDOS FAT32 format and I have no problems with win10 or the NVR. make sure you do a full format and not a quick format.

Upvote 0
Thanks I have also formatted as FAT32 and using Windows 7 PC. I have now tried it again using full format instead of quick format and it has not made any difference. Do not even have to try and write anything to the USB stick when inserted in Hikvision and removed it gives the error when inserted onto Windows pc again.

Upvote 0
@GTEM I’ve never noticed it before but I do get an intermittent error when I connect the USB key to a win10 pc. The key mounts normally when I reinsert it.
On my Mac the key mounts first time every time.

Upvote 0
Back