01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

RTSP issue - seem to get sound (hissing) but no picture?

mbarnes

So I have had my hikvision setup for a while but wanted to add some of it to other things I have which meant an RTSP stream.

I have a DS-7604NI-K1 / 4P with two cameras attached.

My ip for my system is 192.168.1.152 on the basis thats how i log in to it (screen shot)

I have downloaded VLC and used rtsp://192.168.1.152:554/Streaming/Channels/101 and added a user which logs in fine on VLC.
It loads, and gives me hissing sound but no picture. I do not think the sound it gives is the actual sound from the camera just hissing.

It has been driving me mad as to why this simple thing won't work.

Can anyone help?

Screenshot 2024-03-14 at 16.14.06.png

Just found this which looks helpful. What is the NVR's local GUI?

1. The stream cannot be encrypted - you can only disable encryption directly on the NVR's local GUI by going to:

System > Network > Advanced > Platform Access > Enable StreamEncryption [untick]

I can get to this but assume this is not right

Screenshot 2024-03-14 at 17.26.32.png

Hi @mbarnes - that's right, you need to turn off encryption for the RTSP stream to work.
It's not as clear as it should be, but untick the "verification code" box in your screenshot, which will turn it off and hopefully get things working.

Make sure that you aren't using the H.264+ or H.265+ codecs for the main stream either, you can check in Video/Audio>Video.

Back