01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Same Firmware works on 2/3 Cameras

benm

Hi
I am trying to upgrade my cameras to the latest version. They are all the same and have similar serials. I downloaded the 5.5.801 firmware from Hikvisions site and it worked fine on 2 of the 3 cameras.
The third camera just says "The type of upgrade file mismatches" or 'failed to get upgrade status'
I have rebooted the camera and also updated the NVR to 4.61, but not sure what else to do. Can someone please help?

Working

1653738653741.png

Not Working
1653738629592.png

Hi
I am trying to upgrade my cameras to the latest version. They are all the same and have similar serials. I downloaded the 5.5.801 firmware from Hikvisions site and it worked fine on 2 of the 3 cameras.
The third camera just says "The type of upgrade file mismatches" or 'failed to get upgrade status'
I have rebooted the camera and also updated the NVR to 4.61, but not sure what else to do. Can someone please help?

Working

View attachment 7627

Not Working
View attachment 7626
On the bottom of that same page from which you've taken the screenshots, it's the firmware version property that's of interest. It's possible that they are the same model but some are G2 with G3 platform (non C revision) and others are G2 with G5 platform (C revision). This is the bit you need to look at:

Screenshot 2022-05-28 at 16.29.24.png

2386G2's with G3 platform - latest version is 5.5.801 whereas 2386's with G5 platform latest version is 5.7.3

Hi

You are right! I'm not sure why they are different I bought them all at the same time from the same place and previous upgrades have all worked on them all. I'm now upgrading with the G5 version

Hi

You are right! I'm not sure why they are different I bought them all at the same time from the same place and previous upgrades have all worked on them all. I'm now upgrading with the G5 version
Yeah. Some time ago after the 'C' revision models were announced that have the different chip and G5 firmware, there was a period of time where suppliers still had stock of certain variants of the older model. As they are the same part code only a tiny 'c' on the box label differentiated them.

Back